The OFFICIAL Random thread

So today she tells me that she couldn't connect to the internet and just got the 'page not found' page. So she decides to try to fix it herself. She shows me on her office computer where she went in to the Local Area Connection properties page and "unchecked some stuff". I asked her what stuff and she just says, "all of it". Why do people mess with things if they don't know what it does. She also asked me if her computer has a "D" drive and I tell her yes that would be your cd drive. She says, "Oh, I deleted it". :???: I don't understand people.

This job would be great if weren't for people I have to deal with.

our IT guy started sending out computer policies approved by the managers.
that put a stop to alot of people screwing with stuff and downloading viruses.

So yesterday it was gorgeous (75 and sunny). Got to break out the shorts and sandals finally. Well today I get up for class, LATE of course, throw on my shorts cuz I don't have time to switch my belt and wallet and knife out and grab my thin zip up hoodie, jump into my shoes with no socks on and run out the door. It's raining and its 35 degrees. My walk across campus to eat sucked... My feet hate me and my nose has been running all day. Bleh. :cry:

yeah 2 days ago 65, hell even took a ride up to the beach with some friends with the windows out for some pizza. Now we're in a blizzard... legit blizzard 10 inches expected!!!

26 degrees outside with 7 1/2" of snow so far and still coming down heavy...

Did I mention it hit 80 degrees 2 days ago?

So today she tells me that she couldn't connect to the internet and just got the 'page not found' page. So she decides to try to fix it herself. She shows me on her office computer where she went in to the Local Area Connection properties page and "unchecked some stuff". I asked her what stuff and she just says, "all of it". Why do people mess with things if they don't know what it does. She also asked me if her computer has a "D" drive and I tell her yes that would be your cd drive. She says, "Oh, I deleted it". :???: I don't understand people.

This job would be great if weren't for people I have to deal with.

I have great empathy for you in your job..........I'm not an IT person but I know a bit about computers - been running/building them (my own, of course) since back in the "DOS" days, so, of course, I'm always getting sucked in to "fixing" things (free, of course) for folks. Really, really, really, frustrating.

Condolences,
mud

i love the big mac large fries and large rootbeer, never gets old.

OH HEY that reminds me, i heard on the radio guiness made an ice cream. and they're making BEER FLOATS!!! WHOAAA HAPPY ST PATTYS EVERYONE!

Well, our forecast for 67 degrees today blossomed into a beautiful 78 degree sunny day with just the slightest of breezes. :) I took the top and doors off and went for a cruise with my Jeepin' buddy, Sonya the Wonder Dog. Oh, if only I were still single! :shock: I never had a dog to cruise with before, but man, she's a CHICK MAGNET! :shock: Everywhere I went, there were little honeys in short shorts and tank tops wanting to pet her. [Note to self: Don't go cruising with Sonya the Wonder Dog and Sunshine at the same time.] :D

How a beer float relates to my shorts in your mind is well beyond my grasp.

Back