Hard Tops

grooveman

Ok, with so many different manufacturers of hard tops does anybody have an opinon of which is the best overall hardtop for the money? Ive been looking for a used one but I think I would have better luck finding a live dinosaur than a used hardtop in Montana.

Thanks
image-missing.png
[addsig]

all things considered, the best you're gonna do it a factory one. itll be cheaper (cause its used) u know itll fit good (just make sure u buy the right one for ur model, CJ, Yj, TJ) and i hear complaints all the time about those 2 piece ones that they dont ceal right or the companies are a pain w/ getting parts and such for them. check ebay for tops, i see 'em all the time for like $500. good luck[addsig]

There's a hard top in the "For sale" section of this site for 125, not in the best shape i guess but says it just needs a rear hatch.. something to look into[addsig]

I agree -- ebay is an excellent source. I recently purchased a set of seats and a set of mirrorrs. However, a hard top thru ebay -- unless you can pick it up yourself, the shipping costs may be somewhat high. An alternative would be to find a place that refurbishes jeeps -- they usually have quite a few used tops hanging around in the yard. Another alternative, depending on what kind of jeep you have, is to search for a jeep that is not running -- "junk for parts" -- i once purchased one for $400 and got a hard top, hard doors, soft doors, 1/2 soft doors, bikini top with it. It was a total rust bucket and barely ran -- but i was able to use a lot of parts off of it -- engine parts, mirrors, seats, etc. A new paint job on the doors and top -- looked great, better than spending a couple thousand for new doors and top.[addsig]

Back