T&T customs long arm kit

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Well I just got home from spending 6 hours installing T&T's Customs long arm kit on a Cherokee.
So far I am not impressed here... first off my friend Scott had to wait nearly a week for two support brackets that was missing from his kit not a problem here...
On the plus side the install instructions were detailed and easy to understand.

But on the negitive side the sealed bolts and nuts for the installation were missing several key washers and the main 1/2-13 x 5 inch long bolts came with metric nuts (we think since there were very loose on the threads and I didn't have any calipers to measure the I.D.'s)...as we tighten the first bolt that holds the lower control arm to the bellie pan (150lbs) the nut stripped the bolt with a loud bang.

This left both of us in a foul mood. Since we now have to leave his XJ on the lift till Monday (Scott is the head mechanic at Fort Union Big O Tires)
This has turned me from wanting to call and place my order for there flat fender kit. We were hoping to get it off the lift and put it on the alignment rack so we could go out and test run it before heading down to Moab next weekend. Now we have to hope everything will be ok...and with Pritchett Canyon on the agenda Saturday morning, that isn't a trail you want test a MFG's parts on nor to break down on.

Wow that sucks! I always liked their stuff. Hopefully they get their act together

Back