God and Southern Football

B'ham Jeeper

Some Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn and Alabama fans decided that black-and-white school colors were a bit too dull. So they called upon God to give them colors that would truly represent them.

First, the Tennessee fans stepped before God and asked for their school's colors. God said,"When I see Tennessee , I see a great big orange sun coming up over puffy white clouds. Tennessee will be orange and white".

Next, the Georgia fans stood before God and asked for their school colors. God said, "I see a field of fertile black soil... from which will grow a beautiful field of red roses. Georgia will be black and red."

The Auburn fans were next. God said as he patted his favorite sons on the head, "When I think of my beautiful Auburn , I see a glorious sky of blue with the bright shining orange sun shining down on my favorite town.
You, my loved ones, your colors are orange and blue."

God then turned to the Alabama fans and said quite hastily, "Ummm...your colors are crimson and white." Later, after the fans had left, St.Peter came to God and said, "Lord, as you handed out each fan's colors, you explained their origin - all but the Alabama fans. I'm curious. Why crimson and white? What do you see when you think of Alabama ?"

"I see the same thing as you see," God said, "...white trash and red necks".

Auburn is still the undisputed "Underpinning Champion" of the South. Unfortunately they don't hand out a trophy for that, but AU is still likely to order rings.
(reference AU's undefeated season where they didn't win the championship but still ordered rings) Cry Baby Wannabees!

I think he's referring to the year Auburn went undefeated but the BSC computer crap didn't put them in the game for the national title. They definitely had the best team that year. LSU went on to win the title if i remember correctly.

Underpinning is the skirting they put around mobile homes. Auburn is essentially one huge trailer park.
Sparky, I don't expect you to understand the joke since Kansas probably doesn't allow Tornado Magnets.

What do you get when you cross a auburn fan with a pig ? nothing, there is somethings a pig just wont do!

B'ham,
I saw a Jeep like yours at Gray Rock yesterday and was going to say hello. About that time I noticed it didn't have an Auburn tag. Looks a lot better that way. J/K
I'm not really a militant Bama fan, but you started it so I had to retort.

Q. What is the difference between a litter of puppies and Alabama fans?
A. The puppies stop whining after 6 weeks.

:grin:

Back