Anybody have a '93 or '94 YJ Manual that can check something?

60 Biscayne

Trying to install a speedometer / tachometer cluster into my 1989 Wrangler.
We put a "Complete" 2004 Wrangler 4.0 drivetrain (Motor, 42RLE Auto Trans & NV T-Case) We also used the 2004 harness & computer.
Here's my problem: The old Speedometer won't work because its cable driven. I was told to use a 1991-1995 YJ Wrangler Speedometer / Tachometer cluster because these were electronic vs. cable.
I bought what the guy said is a 1994 Speedometer / Tachometer cluster unit.
There is a connector that plugs into the back of this cluster. This connector was not suppiled with the unit so I bought a dash wiring harness from a 1994 to get this connector from a different guy.
I have the Shop Manual for the 2003 engine etc. which gives me that portion of the wiring logic.
I don't want to fry the flexible circuit on the cluster by hooking up the wires wrong!
Can't find a schematic which covers ths connector.
I went to my local Jeep dealer & the Parts guy was OK but he only went back to 1995 with his Manuals - Close but not a WEOOOO!
I only really care about getting the tach & speedometer to work - Odometer would be nice also! I don't care about the rest of the stuff!
My Connector looks like this - 1st of all its a two row connector that accepts 11 pins on one row and 10 pins on the other row.
My Connector has the following wires from Left to Right (Colors called out are the best I can figure with these old eyes).
11 Pin Row:
Black/Orange
Black (Maybe Dark Brown?)
Black?/White (Might be dark blue)
Gray/Yellow
Dark Blue/Light Blue
Yellow
EMPTY SLOT
Black?
White/Orange
Orange
EMPTY SLOT

10 Pin Row:
EMPTY SLOT
EMPTY SLOT
EMPTY SLOT
Brown/Red
Green/Orange
Green/Red
White/Black might be dark Blue
Brown?
Gray/Black
* I believe the White & Black or Dark Blue is the Ignition Power line that originates at the fuse box
* I believe the Black wire is the Ground line
& I believe the White/Orangeis the Speedometer Signal wire from the PCM

I don't know which wire in the connector would be the Tach signal line......
The 1995 Manual indicates a 20 gauge Gy/LB Gray & Light Blue at Pin 12 but I have No Gray/Light Blue wire - The 2004 calls out a violet & something which I don't have either.
Can anybody set me straight!
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks,
Jim

I have the 94 Field Service manual if you need it also... Let me know your e-mail and I will send it to you (via yousendit.com, because it is a big file).

jfrabat,
I would like a copy of that if possible.I am having power problems and think it may be timing issues and haynes and chilton don't break timing down just say go to dealer. There is no dealer in Kodiak, AK. Thanks.flightmech @ gci . net no spaces.

It seems it is a bit big to send via e-mail... But I downloaded it from www.4bangerjp.com if you are interested. I'll try to send it to you via yousendit.com and see how that goes.

Back