How's this for a good deal?

TorqueWinsRaces

I found a 1979 Wagoneer 4WD, 360 V8, good condition, no rust. A/C works. The asking price is $900. 131,000 miles

I know this post is late, but I'm going to look at it in the morning and I was wondering if there is anything in particular that I should look for?

Thanks!

Sounds like a good deal. Check to see if it has the quadratrac 4wd system (rear diff offset as much as the front) and 4lo, some Waggy's do not.

Where is it located that it is rust free? I have never seen a original waggy in the north east that is rust free. Also, it will have the worlds crappy-est gear ratio, so if you plan on putting any tire larger than the stock and plan on driving it, you will need to re-gear, those 2.73 gears are horrible. If you can find a set of used TJ rear 3.73's for short cash, it will cruise pretty nicely at 65 mph and 33" tires.

image-missing.png

Here is my Buddy's, lift is from BJ's offroad and the tires are 35" bfg Mall terrains (measure closer to 33") and a little trimming.

Thanks for the replies. I bought it for $800. It needs a couple of little things, the biggest being a front-end rebuild. It has nice aftermarket wheels and new BFG off road tires, so I figured for $800 I couldn't go wrong!

I am located in northern California and the truck is originally from here. It really is rust-free! I'll take some pics and post them when it stops raining.

So, my intent is to lift a little bit and put some bigger tires on. What about giving it some more go? Maybe a 4 bbl? Maybe some headers? Although, it has a fairly new exhaust installed, but sometimes sacrifices must be made...

Anyway, this is my first Jeep and I'm looking forward to having some fun with it.

Edit- BTW, it does have the quadratrac (?) and 4lo. Is there anything I need to know about the Quadratrac system?

I've Rebuilt My 360 AMC with An Edelbrock Performer Cam, Lifters, Intake manifold and 4bbl carburator and recently installed an HEI distributor. Runs Great and more than plenty of horespower, It Sucks big on fuel mileage though. i also Removed the Cooling fan from the waterpump pulley and installed a BeCool aluminum radiator with an adjustable temp. module for the Electric Fan.

Nice deal! Isn't nice to be in a climate that is metal friendly? Congrats on the find! I'd gear down a bit lower than 3.73...

What part of NorCal are you from? Grew up in Oakland and Alameda in the bay.

Nice deal! Isn't nice to be in a climate that is metal friendly? Congrats on the find! I'd gear down a bit lower than 3.73...

What part of NorCal are you from? Grew up in Oakland and Alameda in the bay.

I live in Lake County, on Clear Lake. I love it up here, I'm originally from Phoenix, AZ.

I just noticed that there is a 327 V8 emblem on the front fender....was the 327 sourced from Chevy? How can I tell if it has the 327 or 360 engine?

Thanks!

What i know for sure is that the 360 is casted on the side of the engine block. I've never heard nor seen a Waggy with a 327.

I was wondering if someone put that emblem on later? I'm also an idiot...I know how to tell the difference between a Chevy engine and a Mopar engine...lol

Back