Nissan and Chrysler in talks to sell jeep

wrangleramp88

I herd this morning on the news that Chrysler is in talks to possible sell its jeep & pt cruiser line to Nissan , Any one no any details on this?

The Talk is about a joint production on the Mid-size cars. ie. Avenger and Sebring.Not Much of a news considering from the past , Mitsubishi had theyr'e hands in it.

I haven't heard anything about that. I hope that's just Rumors for the sake of the employees. I already lost some friends this last Christmas. It caught everyone by surprise.

From Jeepnewsnow
It's been a busy little news day in the world of Chrysler automotive with an interesting "battle of news releases" concerning the possible sale of the Jeep brand.

First, waaayyy early this morning, TheStreet.com posted an article that Chrysler was once again talking to Renault-Nissan about a possible purchase of some part of the company - including the Jeep brand.

Then, a couple of hours ago, Chrysler LLC Vice Chairman Tom LaSorda said (via Reuters that there were no talks about selling off an "individual brand like Jeep", but possibly selling off old tooling from models going out of production.

Chrysler LLC Vice Chairman Tom LaSorda said on Wednesday that the No. 3 U.S. automaker would not sell an individual brand like Jeep, but would pursue deals to sell off tooling for models going out of production, or even licensing production of current models.

LaSorda, who was speaking to reporters on a conference call, was responding to a Reuters report from Tuesday that cited people with knowledge of the discussions as saying that Chrysler had been in talks to sell assets to Renault-Nissan and auto parts supplier Magna International.

"This company is going to be around," LaSorda said. "We are not going under."

More on this story as it develops.

Back