Favorite Jeep parts retailer?

Shaun

What is your favorite source, including internet, for your aftermarket Jeep STUFF?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shaun (edited March 27, 2001).]

I agree that Quadratec is the best out there. I used JC Whitney for a long time, but ended up having problems with their customer service department. I recently gave Quadratec a chance and purchased some side bars. Their price was unbeatable, and the bars arrived days earlier than anticipated. I recommend going to www.quadratec.com first.

Stouty

It's a tie for me between www.quadratrac.com and www.4wd.com. Both seem to have good selection and OK pricing.

A question: I have read some opinions on another board about Steel Horse products being junk. Any opinions? What about Kentrol for stainless accessories? Any other brand loyalty to offer? Sorry I guess that was more like 3 questions. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Deny
81CJ-7; Jeep... it's an addiction; If it ain't broke, you didn't play hard enough; AND A bad day jeepin is better that a great day at work!
image-missing.png

[This message has been edited by Jeeplover (edited April 01, 2001).]

I haven't had a problem with Steel Horse products. I recently purchased a pair of stainless steel side bars for my Jeep from Steel Horse and they have been great.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]

A question: I have read some opinions on another board about Steel Horse products being junk. Any opinions? What about Kentrol for stainless accessories? Any other brand loyalty to offer? Sorry I guess that was more like 3 questions. Thanks in advance.

[/B]</font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input. Very few jeepers in my neck of the woods to run with. Mostly the guys I run with have Blazers and Full size P/U trucks. They usually laugh about the Jeep a bit until it goes most places their's go with MUCH smaller tires and less engine. They are of little help when it comes to jeep stuff. This board is filling up with some really good info and knowledge. I have much to learn yet.

------------------
Deny
81CJ-7; Jeep... it's an addiction; If it ain't broke, you didn't play hard enough; AND A bad day jeepin is better that a great day at work!

My vote for my least favorite vendor goes to JeepPlace.com I ordered a small parts kit for my T-5 on 4-4-01......they busted their you know whats, and got around to shipping it on 4-10-01........I just received it today, 04-18-01......It shipped from Ca, and I could have driven from Ky to there and back in that time. Jeff at JeepPlace.com lied to me twice about when it shipped. I know it shipped on 04-10-01 from the Fedx bill. Now, as to the reason Fedx took 8 days to get my one pound package here, I dont have a clue. Anyway I will never order anything from JeepPlace.com again, and recommend that none of you guys do either. Not unless you want your truck down for a couple of weeks.

My Favorite would be www.4wd.com and four wheel parts wholesales.

------------------
1978 CJ7 White 304 Auto
4in procomp,2in body lift,35x14.50 Thornbirds on 15x10 Eagle alloys.

Here is a site that has a lot of links to Jeep parts. http://www.dirtroad.com/mjl-all.htm but remember this. Most all parts dealers sell the same equipment, so call around for pricing and shipping to see who is best. We have used Quadratec 800 745 5337 and have had good response.Unfortunatly being here in California it takes a while to arrive (unless we pay for overnight) Most dealers have no cost shipping policies, but if you find a dealer near you, it saves that time. If you really want to find jeep parts, just type in the address bar "google" (which is a good search engine, then type "jeep parts" and you will find about 129,000 links to jeep parts.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by Shaun:
What is your favorite source, including internet, for your aftermarket Jeep STUFF?

</font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

how about www.carlamps.com , they got most lights and grilles and mirrors .

I've always had good luck with ACMEJEEPPARTS.COM and with 4WPW.COM (4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers). Both have great shipping and a great tech support team.
Wish I could include the links, but I don't know how.
image-missing.png

It's gotta be 4WD Hardware. Don't use their on-line site, except to order their free catalog. I have a '72 Super Jeep CJ-5, and they're about the only place that remembers those of us with old iron. Great service, and good prices. They've got the hard-to-find parts.

I'm a big fan of Acmejeepparts and Quadratec. I've dealt with both and they both have great customer service and they know exactly what they're talking about!

I like to use Quadratec too. I've only used the catalog though, so I don't know how well the online site works. I get annoyed with 4wheel parts. We have a store here localy, but anytime you go to get something they just say "we can order it." Well so can I!
image-missing.png
About the steel horse stuff. I bought a set of the black wire mess light guards, and I could only get 2 out 6 to fit. The rest had misaligned holes. Thats my only expierence with there stuff though.

Can't forget about "Specialty Jeeps" in Belmont CA. (650)592-2130 ANYTHING stock, they'll have. Real good about getting it to you quick too. I've called in for parts in the morning, and had them the NEXT DAY! (Course I'm in CA only a few hrs away.)
Other is Four Wheel Drive Hardware.
(800)333-5535

Well lets start with the favorites: First I would have to say QUADRATEC. I ordered a bestop softop and a few other parts from them. They were very helpful and their customer service eas excellent. Also, I received the parts I ordered in about 5 days.

4WD and ACMEJEEPPARTS where also suppliers I have delt with. I had good luck with both of them also.

Now for my least favorite. PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered front and rear seats from them, and a few other products. First almost everything I wanted from them was out of stock and had to be backordered. Second, when I received my seats, they were the wrong style and color. They part number and color was in large print on the box, but apparently the stockperson couldn't read.

When I sent them back and spoke to customer service, they said that my seats were there on the shelf. They said that as soon as they received the wrong ones that they would send the right ones. About a week later I received what I thought was the right seats. The day the UPS guy showed up I told him that before he unloaded them that I wanted to check the color and part number. Guess what, they sent me the wrong ones again, the same color and style as before. So I was very pissed off when I spoke to my customer service rep. After about a week of playing phone tag I finally received a credit to my account. After all that, I wrote to their management folk, but received no reply. They'll never see any of my business again.

Later..

Steve[addsig]

4WD and hardware. That place is so cool and 1 hour away
image-missing.png
[addsig]

4 wheel drive hardware is #1. They send me $10 off coupons all the time and free coffee mugs. fast response and great people. thet even e-mail me to check and see if my order was correct on complicated orders.

Macromotive is #2 , they are almost as good.

I am planning on ordering some parts from quadratec, so I don't know about them ,yet.

Collins Bros. is the worst. They will print one price and say to check the web site for day to day changes ( like the stock market). They won't beat anyone's prices or even honor their own ads.

Hope this helps,

Jackal
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back