Jeep Wave

pinaplebob

Ok a question for all. I was driving a long and I waved at a fellow Jeeper in a wrangler and they looked at me like I was a moran. Granted that some people don't know about the jeep wave. So I was wondering if the wave was only a cj/yj think or do you fellow jeepers with xjs and everything else also wave. The more I pay attention to it. I've only gotten one wrangler to wave at me. Just wondering.

Basically, does the Jeep wave still exist?[addsig]

99.9999999% of jeeps other than YJs and TJs dont wave. Thats just what I have noticed. The only reason its not 100% is cause I know I would wave when I am in my XJ[addsig]

I've been doing this for 27 years and I still notice that most people in jeeps(cj, yj,etc) still do the wave. There may be some stick in the muds but they are not real jeepers.
BTW This is in the midwest area that I'am talking about.[addsig]

i always wave but nobody waves at me now :-( thats because there arent any real jeepers in Tampa :-x

edited by: extremeYJ, Jan 30, 2003 - 09:37 AM[addsig]

:-D I thought that I was the onl one who waved in the Tampa area! Hope to see you around. :cool: [addsig]

in my XJ, i occasionally get TJ/YJ's to wave at me...

on the same topic, i also noticed in the 2003 jeep product catalog a section on the jeep wave:

THE WRANGLER WAVE is a standard feature with every TJ. The first time you receive one - you become part of the family. Waving back to those very being depends upon adventure and freedom soon becomes automatic.[addsig]

Jeep Wave, Most here get it here in my neck of the woods, Some don't, I educate the ones that I talk to that don't, and wave at all of them. I do, How about you? Tug this has been a great topic in the past and it always will be. ;-) [addsig]

Here in Toronto, there are LOTS of jeeps that come out in the winter, but not many of them wave.
I guess the problem is that its kinda hard to tell who's waving and who's flipping you off :D
[addsig]

My general rule of thumb is i wave to all CJ/YJ's, and only to TJ/ZJ's that have some modifications - just based on the fact that most of the non-modified ones dont wave back

Quik[addsig]

I have noticed that not everone in pa waves eather but a good bit of them do . I would say about 70% wave .
[addsig]

Here in the South ( N . Atlanta) it is just common that most of the old timers wave to everyone. So the jeep wave may just be an off shoot of that. How do you guys do the jeep wave? Here it is the index finger up over the top of the steering wheel.

Todd[addsig]

I get the odd jeep that doesn't wave back, but it's comes to be something I don't even notice. A jeep drive by, and I wave...it's just automatic anymore. My girlfriend laughs at me sometime cause I do it everything not every noticing anymore. :cool: [addsig]

When it´s a guy driving, I usually suffice with a nod and manly wave. When it´s got long blond hair (yes I´ve been fooled) usually more wrist action and show some of the grill work. :-D I´ve only had, one other Jeeper wave at me, using all of his fingers, guess it´s just my driving style. :-? [addsig]

my jeep is so rare and so dang ugly it catches the attention of evreybody. Im not real sure if they are waveing or pointing and laughing at me. But i wave at all jeeps. I also wave at other 4x4s, stuck in the mud, as i go roaring past them. People may laugh at the rig when its parked at the house but i usually get the last laugh in the mud hole[addsig]

Here it is the index finger up over the top of the steering wheel.

that's the wave that says "i wanna wave but in case you don't wave back i wo'nt feel so dumb..." :)[addsig]

Hahaa I give one finger to unmoddified TJs and ZJs, liberties might get one if they wave first, CJ's get hand out the window and a honk :lol: YJs get a full hand wave, wannabes get one finger but it's not the index :lol: [addsig]

why in hell would you flip off a tj and zj before a liberty...(?J)...kj?.....they dont even have solid front axles!!! that arent even a fuc#ing jeep!!!! thats like wavin at a hummer2 :-x :-x :-x :-x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: [addsig]

Well I ususally wave at everything that I pass that says jeep on the front. (I'm not picky) I will even wave at the Comanche.....I usually wave, when my hand is on the top of the steering wheel and I lift up all the fingers. I got a Grand to wave at me today. I think I'm going to start telling people about the wave......get it going again around here. If it's usually a older man or a women in a completly clean jeep, I don't usually expect a wave back.

pinaplebob[addsig]

Why would I flip off a TJ or any other jeep??? I just give the unmodded ones a one finger wave and its not the middle finger bud :-? [addsig]

Back