What's your day job?

I was a Tech for AT&T for 25yrs...not enough to keep a job when they merged with SBC & became at&t...spent 3yrs as an Elevator Mechanic Apprentice before being laid off because of lack of business(I was 6mo short of taking the Mechanics test)...14mos out of work when I landed a job as an assembler at Federal Signal(making strobe lights & such) in Febuary...just got moved up to Recieving Inspector.:D

Full time student at Utah Valley University, work 2 days a week part time at Better Built Manufacturing as a shop helper, and weekends I work for the Provo City Police Department in the Evidence/Property office. Hopefully after I finish school I'll become an officer.

went to school became a certified welder, kept my job at the body shop for the last 13 years, started full time with the fire dept. 7.5 years ago love every minute of the firefighting

Install alarm and CCTV system in Walmarts for the last 11 years. Wish I had stayed in the electricians apprenticeship program. I'd be a journeyman by now making twice what I make.

28 years as a machinist, done heavy industrial machining on a 22 foot VTL, down to making sidewinder missiles and other military ordnance.
Now I program CNC machines and sit on my rump all day.

Utah_jeepster said:
28 years as a machinist, done heavy industrial machining on a 22 foot VTL, down to making sidewinder missiles and other military ordnance.
Now I program CNC machines and sit on my rump all day.

We gotta meet! I do cad engineering. Where do you work? I also surf a desk all day. Good in the summer when it's the surface of the sun outside.

I've only read a few threads. But man you all have cool and great jobs!!! I'm just a lowly cook at a fish fry:(. And a wrecked my jeep yesterday Terible day!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Yeah. Just the rear corner. But it still sucks!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Jeepz

Currently am a repair tech for aircraft repair tools. Going back to school to get back the paramedic status, and while i'm at it, i think i'll try my hand at helicopter pilot. those two quals sound like a good pair.

I am a System Guy for a major janitorial company.
That means that systems are mine (along with things that no one else wants to do).
Name it and it is probably my responsibility. Oh, yeah... 28 years...

I have been performing U.S. DOT Inspections for the past 9 years and one month.

Stalefishsk8er said:
Paintball gun tech Tuesday-Friday and a ref on the weekends

Sweet I used to play semi pro. I still have my marker.

I am a field contract archaeologist-artist for NASA. When home here in the US, I am teaching part time at NMSU here in Las Cruces, NM.

Life is within Jeepin' distance.

Robert

Mikey4x4 said:
Do you guys have inspection quotas for HM trucks

Robert_Stephens said:
Do you do inspections for overseas shipping and export data?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Nothing overseas, Continental US and Canadian Provinces, typically F350-C5500/C6500, and great deal of tandem axle trailers.

Back