Locking hub conversion

How much does it cost? What are you looking to gain by having manual hubs? Does your XJ currently have a CAD (central axle disconnect) on the front axle?

You would likely need different inner axleshafts as well, that kit comes with larger ujoints that won't fit the inner axleshafts of your '89.

I'm just curious why you would want to do that? I love the fact that my xj is 4 on the fly. 750.00 is alot for hubs and such. Seems like you could upgrade to a 44 or something for that kind of money.

Thats what I was thinking (44)... I was just curious if antone would buy it... Its alot if money for some shiny parts... I think it comes with axle shafts

Thats what I was thinking (44)... I was just curious if antone would buy it... Its alot if money for some shiny parts... I think it comes with axle shafts
The pic showed the outer axleshafts, doubt it comes with the inners.

My friend is determined to savwe the money to put that kit in his jk the advantage is it save big time on from axle wear and you can gain alittle on gas milage since they don't get the best as it is but for 750 you most likley could find a 44 but its really hard at least in oregon to find a shorter axle and custom shortining a full width is really pricey

You really don't gain anything in saving wear and you will never notice the difference in mileage. Definitely not enough to justify $750 and the trouble to install it.

You may be creating a weak spot in the drivetrain as the locking mechanism is smaller than a d44 setup and thus weaker.

Back