3.9 4bt cummins

MattMayTJ

I read that the dodge 15 passenger vans had this engine and that people will use a lot of the vans parts and swap out the engines anyone else herd about this conversion?

are you talking about the dodge sprinter vans? I have never heard of this, but i have never searched it or thought about it, but it seems like it would be a good engine swap to have a small diesel in a jeep, or whatever other vehicle you would want to put it in.

The sprinters used a 5 cylinder italian vm diesel for first years then the 3.0l Mercedes diesel. Never a cummins. Both are very expensive and would be a pain to swap. The 4bt on the other hand is easy to get running.

4bt came in old bread and mail vans. Lots of tractors. Some small school busses had them.

Matt

Check out www.4btswaps.com the group there has a HUGE knowledge base on the 4bts and other diesels. Ggg from this forum is both here (Jeepz) and on 4btswaps. I believe he has done this swap.

Keep us updated in what you find out and do!!

Bacon

4bt would be sweet but noisey and heavy I think they are almost 800 lbs. Lots of torque though and very efficient

Back