Why won't folks use their Jeeps?

Tug-n-pull

I get so feed up here lately! I am asking everyone to go play in the woods and trails and all I get is "Gee man I donno bout goinng off road what if I break my Jeep". I spent the winter asking folks to go out to play and they used the winter as a way out. Now it is spring and they are like "man are you for real".

The Kids I can see not being allowed by Mom and Dad! Ok that is what it is. Then you have all these grown people in their Jeeps with lifts and really trail ready rides and they are all like I am afraid. Sickens me to no end.

I tell them we will hit ez trails to get em used to it and still no way. Kid at church says yea I go to the woods and play hard in my Ranger so I invite him along after 1st leg of a moderate trail he says Can I park here and ride with you guys.

There are so many serious Jeeps and other assorted 4x4 rides around here but no one willing to go out and get dirty. Now they like to go to the near by mudd sling called Dark Hollow and run back and forth where they are able to get a little mud on them and spend the rest of the day down town letting it dry on like they are serious players.

We went through a strech of really bad road this weekend and came out near a pretty good trail where a local ol timer has a weekend cabin. Now this guy is a leader in the Unaka Mountain Rescue Team. He ask how we came in and when we told him he said that he always heard that you could go all the way to the main road that way but they wont even take four wheelers through there. Me in my stock YJ son Will in his Camo Ranger and Brother n law in his Toyota PU with 5 tag alongs. Why I ask do folks do this.

Sorry about the Soap Box here but I hate the folks to talk a big game and never even get out and play. I will just be glad when some of you guys come down this summer so we can ride and laugh and cut up a bit. Maybe these near do wells will get the picture.

Thanks for reading this string I just had to talk to some real Jeepers about this. Tug[addsig]

The ones that haven't been out in the woods just don't know what it's all about. If I had a stocker and was worried about breaking something, I'd at least pack a lunch and hit the Forest Service gravel roads, just to get outside and enjoy mother nature, at the very least.

They just don't Understand (even if they own a Jeep) :-O [addsig]

It's the same way here. I spent the last four years driving cars and watching everyone off road. And when I finally am not a tag a long no one wants to go with me. I've got a friend who has a 2001 wrangler that he bought a 9000 lb winch and 6 hella 500's and bolted them all on. But still, every time we going wheelin, he hops in someone elses vehicle (i won't let him in mine becuase he should be drivin his own.) Everytime we go it's the excuse that he just washed it. It's pretty disgusting. I feel sorry for that winch, it's never been used.

pinaplebob[addsig]

Hell i've only had the jeep for about 1 year, and untill two weeks ago it was riding much lower than stock with 32's, rubbing was a constant at high speeds. But now that i'm 4" higher i'm looking really hard for the last few things i need before off roading. I thinnk i might have some interior mods coming up, so if/when we go to TN for the week, i hope y`all like what i'm hopefully doing. I'll drive wherever you guys think my jeep can go, and hopefully learn a whole lot! i consider myself a quick study, so i hope to be wheelin with the kings (well maybe the jacks :lol:). I do my best to go jumping or spind donuts, or go play in the mud, and climb all those fun hills whenever i get a chance, i'm hoping much i'll make the CA to TN treck this june!! -Shane[addsig]

Tell them to 'jump right in' and 'take the plunge' :lol: :-O
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Why isn't that black jeep hydrolocked (mudlocked) i went through one puddle at night and was hydrolocked for 12+hours BS i say BS!![addsig]

Sweet OlllllO :cool:

I need to have someone to take pics for me.. I got the rig ready and YES it's sweet in the woods. haven't really gotten to test it in the real stuff, but just wait till next week, all the snow should be gone and the trails will be just right for plowing down and mudding up... Can you tell I'm excited... :p

take care all and I know i keep saying it but I will get you some pictures soon...

OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

that jeep is not hyrdolocked because he's got a few hours put into making it safe from that sort of set-back... many a people around here have the know-how for that sorta stuff... its a great place to learn... and bounty, as well as the rest of us are willing to help you with that info[addsig]

hey tug,
i hear you on this. i was looking up paragon info and trying to find some buddies interested in going. i ran into 2 problems. 1) no one has an suv 2) i'd have to come up with a great story to tell my parents (every time the tires get muddy, my dad asks where i've been. for some reason i don't see him being a fan of off roading. unfortunately the jeep is in his name and its my daily driver, so if something were to happen, it wouldn't be too good. but i can worry about that later :lol: ). i have a stock '94 zj and we *the jeep and i, are both looking for somewhere to have some fun, especially because its a nice way to relieve stress and classes are coming to an end with lots of tests,etc aka other stressful events. so my plans for this summer are to enjoy my jeep to the fullest capacity. i guess if i were in your (tug's) position i'd be even more frustrated because the people have suv's and are just not willing to loosen up and have some fun. as for now, i'll just have to stick to suburbanized off roading (aka construction sites and other minor barriers). good luck finding someone to go with you. if i were in tn, i'd be there in a heart beat!!! :) [addsig]

I have kinda the same dilema of randomjeeper. My jeep is under my father's name until I turn 18 (2 months). He doesn't care if its a little muddy, but if I get it covered in mud then he starts asking questions. And in August I'm moving up to hazleton to go to college so Ill only be 5 mins from paragon. For some reason, I'm seeing myself there every weekend. So if anyone want to take me out for a tour of paragon I'm good for september :)

TARSI[addsig]

He didn't hydrolock because he didn't stop, he was pushing enough of a wake that it kept it out of the engine compartment and intake, and the water crossing was short. It's a risky proposition, and not recommended for the average wheeler, without the appropriate recovery gear and alternative transportation :lol:

BTW, that's the shallow end of Alligator Pit, Turkey Bay, KY.

edited by: Bounty__Hunter, Apr 30, 2003 - 06:11 PM[addsig]

I feel ya Tug. Oh... and by the way, sorry I can't get out this summer because I have to let the Armor All dry on my tires first! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pic Bounty!!!

One of these days!!! :-( [addsig]

there is a few other jeeps where i work and none of them will come out and play either. i say ...." it's not bad , we won't get into anything to hairy " but still no . one of them told me he was just a " fair weather jeeper ''.[addsig]

Had to jump in here...Tug, just wait until we get there, we'll show em' how to use the little stick lol. As for Paragon, I practicly live there, so anytime anyone wants to go, email me at PASmokeater@comcast.net, or leave me a private message. or (better yet) post it here so we can all go.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

It's actually a little different here. Everyone and their cousin goes wheelin at my high school here in NC. I guess you could say the school I go to is the redneck school of the town :-D . But driving around town I see a few awesome looking TJs with their black 767s and they're little lifts but with sparkling paint job and mud virgin swampers. Makes me wanna puke. But I have talked a guy with stock 4dr tahoe into going 4wheelin one day and he fell in love with it. If a guy in that kinda rig can make it any jeep even a lower getto one. [addsig]

my jeep is my second 4x4, my first was a 92 toyota 3runner, that my dad bought for me, i was scared to death to wheel it, so i only took it out in the mud twice i two years, both times he was gone on week-long business trips and i could get it cleaned before i got back.... my dad loves riding 4wheelers but thinks getting mud on his Z71 is very bad...... solution... when i got my jeep i paid every penny for it, i pay for the gas and insurance.... problem solved, i can do what the hell ever i want to to it :-D :-D [addsig]

Well..it would seem that this post is contagius sp?. After reading it, I went to the Wawa (convienence store around here) to get coffee. Pulled in right between a YJ and a shiny new TJ. Both had the tops up. When I asked the YJ guy what the deal was, he told me it was to much of a pain to remove the top. When the TJ owner came out and was drug into the conversation, he said it was to cold and windy. What is this world coming to ?!!!!!!

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Man i took my YJ for the first run of the spring easter weekend, The jeep is mostly stock and siting on 30"'s....It was at a mud run, that happens twice a year, i had a blast, mind you we drive it home on the battery cause it got a little to wet, and you know it's the first run of the year and you get ready to go, take the time off work, and get up to the first pit, thinking, "Man my jeep is like almost the smallest truck here" Plus i told everyone, "I going but i'm only going though one pit and trails for the rest of the day" It's my daily driver so i can't afford for it to be off the road to long.....Well i walk though the first pit like it was nothing, and i'm like the big boys are getting stuck and i'm walk though the stuff i must be doing something right..... so up came the second pit then the thrid, then four but the fifith time i took on to much water and the battery wouldn't charge so i'm like ok that enough for today, but it's funny how the one run idea turn into five just because i wasn't getting stuck, now i'm just looking forward to the next run, and trying to get some friends together for some local stuff. but yeah i'm getting the same bs back about how they don't want to brake stuff. so I'm joining the local jeep club, so i can get some weekend runs going......sooner the better

Matmadus :cool: [addsig]

Back