Kid arrested for driving 208 MPH on Oklahoma Highway

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
A 19-year-old driving a 2011 Mustang clocked in at 208 miles per hour as he tried to elude the Oklahoma Highway Patrol on Saturday.

mug.jpg

He said the teenager, Hector Fraire, was speeding on the Kilpatrick Turnpike when Trooper Ryan Smith clocked him twice, at speeds of 84 and 85 mph, before he tried to stop the car. Fraire kept driving, faster — and even turned off his headlights and brake lights to try to lose the trooper, Timmons said.

Smith reportedly clocked him again at 176 mph, then 208 mph before Fraire exited the turnpike. “Trooper Smith caught up to the Mustang at a red light at Northwest Expressway and HWY 3 and initiated a traffic stop,” a statement from the Highway Patrol said. “The driver of the Mustang turned south, pulled over and dropped his keys out of the driver’s window.”

Fraire was arrested for reckless driving and felony eluding. Authorities said he is in a local racing group.

That says something when you're rigged up to turn off your brake lights...

I seriously doubt that his Mustang could go 208 mph. They talked about this over at Jalopnik.

A stock 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0 V8 is electronically limited to 155 MPH. It’s easy enough to lose the limiter, so with that gone, what would a 2011 Mustang GT do? A 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang would do 189 MPH.This doesn’t seem to be a GT500, but a lot of work had to be done, I’d imagine. To get from a stock 2011 5.0 top speed of about, let’s say 170 (optimistic, based on a number of forums and sources) to 208 is not trivial. It’ll take more than just lightening the car, and since it’s still recognizable as a Mustang to cops, I’m guessing no dramatic aero changes to alter the frontal area were involved.
I’m sure it’s possible – this guy built a 1200 horsepower Mustang in his garage with bolt-on turbos and other fun bits, after all– but it’s not trivial or cheap. Who are these 19 year olds with 200+ MPH capable Mustangs? Where do they get the money? Is it just extortion money from local Cars & Coffee meetups?

They don't really say how they "clocked" him. Are we talking with a radar gun, or the old school way of pacing him with their patrol car?

I'm doubtful that he was actually going that fast, but I'd still throw the book at him.

This happened about 5mi down the hi way from me. The kid fell asleep and left the roadway going 100 mph. This video is from a police dash cam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an admin needs to look into this. It was linked in the new taptalk app. I see it on new and old app on several apple products. Haven't tried PC. I

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I can see it on my Sony zv3. The person can't be alive how do they know they fell asleep. That car hit the upright bridge support in mid air and car disintegrated. No way there alive. Looked like suicide or malfunction. So are they alive or not? I can't believe they are?

Sent from my D6708 using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back