Bad out of the box.

JPNinPA

Well I know I preach about buying OEM sensors. Think I'd follow my own advice? Well I have but I still have an issue. Non Jeep vehicle. Honda, has had the wheel bearings changed and in the process the sensors were damaged. They wouldn't come out of the holes from Being rusted in place.
So from one online shop I buy an OEM sensor and install without ohming it. My mistake. There goes 150. Can't exchange because if was installed. So I end up buying two more OEM from a well known vendor and returned them due to being open res out of the box. This last one I ohmed out at ~2.5k and installed. But I have the same fault and find the it is now open res. Are these that sensitive or can you damage them when installing like a crank sensor without a paper gasket?

How easy should they slide in?

And yes the bearing has the tone ring installed correctly.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

Ok i say counterfeit!
Cause it seems like every brand and business is affected. The the vendor above got a few in and all read open circuit. Then i buy one from an online Honda parts house. This is a legit honda dealer that ships genuine honda parts. Or at least they are marked on the bag as genuine. Buuuurnt not good. It ohmed out as open circuit and does not respond to a tone ring.
When asked for a replacement or refund fir a non functioning part immediately refers to it as damaged shipment. Even when returning they have the shipping company pick it up as a damaged package and not a return.

Now I’m going to the local dealer. Testing before buying. Locally its $250 and its not something I’d trust from a junk yard cause they often get damaged when pulling out due to rust.

Who can you trust?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Ok so I call a local dealer and ask what parameters they check for a good abs speed sensor. They state 2-4K ohms and app 1v ac when observed in front of a tone ring. Then I order a new one from the dealer, only when I pick it up it reads infinite ohms and no voltage in the presents of a pulsing mag flux. But they insist it's good. Even got their own meters out to check and it doesn't match their stated parameters. From the local dealer this is 220 plus tax. ....

So do you buy it?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back