Jacked up Jeeps... 4cyl?

Jagered

Please tell me I am not the only one that finds this funny?

I have driven and ridden in many Jeeps that were on 4 cylinders. They ALL had no balls?!?

So my question is why do people jack these up and dump boat loads of duckets into them when they always cry for more power?

Sorry if I offended anyone here that might have one... I just find it strange myself.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Jeepz.com mobile app

My first Jeep was the $8995 YJ 4 cyl 5 spd and it was not fast but it was a lot of fun. Took it on several road trips and it kept up with traffic at the speed limit +/-. Where the fun began was on the beach with 4LO engaged as the relatively light-weight YJ tackled the deep sandy dunes without airing down. Low speed while off-roading was all these little 4 cyl needed to have some fun which might help explain why jeepers put some money in these jeeps without some balls. But I agree adding mods like lifts, bigger tires, heavier armor will dull the pep experience but perhaps when the engine blows the opportunity to add a bigger motor will be in play to turn the 4.11 axles.

A 4-cylinder Jeep can do amazing things off road as long as the Jeep is matched up with a knowledgeable and skilled driver. Those that gripe and moan about the 4-cylinder being "under powered" are generally not a knowledgeable and skilled driver.

No offense taken and I hope that none is taken with the reply.

Yes I've heard some of that as well... if it's a 4, it HAS to be stick is what I was told.

I was looking at it from the same viewpoint as I do with motorcycles... seeing guys run out and get a 883 Sportster so they can dump $5k into it, because they can't afford a big boy bike AND mod it as well. Or even the little rice burner cars like a Dodge Neon then dumping tons of money into it?!?

Don't get me wrong, if I had the opportunity to get a 4cyl that was already tweaked a little I probably would... now that I already have my 3.6l. Actually, getting a cheaper 4 banger and testing the waters learning some 4x4 techniques would be advantageous as I'd keep my JKU in 1 piece and out of the shop!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Jeepz.com mobile app

If you want to get in the game buy what you can afford. I’ll still greet you on the trail. Mod or not,

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

i had an 85 comanche with a 4 cylinder and 4 speed and it was fine. it was two wheel drive but i still put a 3" lift and 31s on it. ran fine all over south texas but didn't ever once get good gas mileage. even stock, it wasn't passing many gas stations. its actually the only 4 cylinder jeep i have ever owned. i would get another one any day because the gearing made it take off fine and still be able to drive highway speed.

I've never owned a 4cyl jeep. But I would love to play in one. A jeep is a jeep and the driver makes the jeep. Now I'm guilty of dumping alot of $ into my rigs, but that's because I break them when I play. To me cherokee and comanches are where it's at. A ho i6. Is the most reliable, but again I've never owned a 4cyl.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back