Anyone from NY Orange County area that rides on weekends

jwhite1071

Looking for anyone in the NY orange county or surrounding counties that does weekend rides, I know there used to be a hudson valley 4wheel drive club in the area that was ran by a guy at vailsgate jeep years ago but that place has since closed down. If there is anyone local shoot me an e-mail at jwhite1071@frontiernet.net

yeah His shop is about 15 minutes from my house, too bad I can't even afford to think about looking at one of his bikes though

Hey jwhite1071 are you coming to the catskill jamboree. Great place to meat locals. The guys that set up the jam live in orange and ulster and sullivan.

Joejeepny, I'm going to try and make it there, I just ordered a lift and an sye, as long as I find the time to put it on some time in the next month and don't run into any suprises I should be there, where in NY are you from?

I ordered a lift kit last year before the jam and it didnt come in time so i went bone stock with negative arch worn out springs. I have an engine skid plate and rocker guards. We got stuck alot but went through some of the hardest stuff on the jam. A few people got mad that we did the tuff stuff in a stock jeep but we really didnt hold the group up that much. We dented up our gas take pretty bad and bent a tie rod but all in all we did just as good as some of the new TJ's.
Then at the Raffle i won the tires! What a kick. Everyone picked on me that i better have bigger tires this year. I just moved to long island but i used to live in westchester. I had a house in the catskills for years but just sold it. We used to run the fire roads up there but thier not tough unless it snowed. jwhite1071 you live close to the jamboree.

I know some of the trial guides for years but they always rib me about getting stuck. The land owners seem like good guys and we were supposed to have a hugh peice of land this year because the land owners had a good time last year. This year should be fun. Hey keep in touch and let me know if your going. If you want ot get together one day and do paragon I should be able to get a third truck.

Sounds good to me, I'll let you know how I make out, if you ever plan on making a trip up here before than let me know.

Back