May have decided to opt for a chevy

WeRd2UrMuDdEr

yep...... i've been wanting a jeep... so far, haven't found the one i want......
of course.... then there's the 71 4wd chevy frame in my dad's yard waiting for a body, an engine, a front end, and a transmission..... :?
so i'm driving down the road today, and i see my body (fair to good condition), with a 350 under the hood, and apparently its in running condition....
asking 450 bucks for it.....
someday i hope to be a jeep owner, and don't worry, you can't make me leave. You all seem like a great bunch of people, this is a nice community.
:D
besides, i'll probably have some questions about the chevy maybe someone can help me out with :p

Come on, put a Scrambler body on it, you know you want to :twisted:

Lift

jhiggins said:
You are giving up one the Jeep...:(
changed my mind afterall...
after loooking more closely at the chevy, it appears to have had rust problems in the past that were fixed with some caulk looking goop, and listening to it run really set the alarms off in my head......
for one, the starter was bad, and for two, the engine had quite a knock going on......
i thought perhaps for 200 dollars, it may have been worth trying to get in and get the rust out, but for 450 i wasn't gonna touch it. So now, where can i find a cheap jeep in california? :twisted:

Come over here to lake havasu city, ARizona . I got my cj-5 for 700$ complete and running. Minor surface rust and a little bit of body work, it will be good to go. Im sure you can get better ones for alittle more money, but im poor and i'll stick to fixer upers. 1 in 5 cars here is a jeep, no problem finding one for sale.

Check in the weekly recycler in your area.Then if there are a couple of jeeps you want to look at,call the owners of all of the jeeps and set aside one day when you will go check them out.Thsts how I found my jeep.

Back