videos and articulation ramps on the jeeps.com site???

LadyJeepFreak

Check this out, I am so amazed. Yanno that trail rated Jeep we've all been talking bout?

The jeep site has videos of offroading on it, like water fording and articulation ramps, etc. For a company who always wanted ya on the road, I find this amazing. Anyways, you all might have seen this already but I just thought it too cool.

Maybe a change for the better in thier outlook? :roll:

http://www.jeep.com/trailrated/index.html?context=homepage&type=mainImg

Lady

Sorry Jason, those are the popular ones yanno! Yes on the left, you can click ona menu under the boxes to see each video. I thought they hit the water wayyyy faster than I would.

Interesting, sorry for those that can't see it.
Lady :roll:

That water crossing vid is a good one, make sure to turn the music off though by clickin on the option in the upper right hand corner, it repeats over and over, and after 13 or 14 times gets a little tiring.

That water crossing video makes me wonder.Did you see ALL 4 wheels pushing water.hmm..........think it has lockers?

The Jeep® brand announced Jeep Trail Rated™, a new way to communicate to consumers the extensive level of off-road requirements that all Jeep 4x4 vehicles must meet. The new 2004 Jeep 4x4 vehicles - Grand Cherokee, Liberty and Wrangler - with Trail Rated badges start arriving in dealerships soon.

"Jeep Trail Rated is an industry-leading methodology to objectively measure and predict off-road performance for all Jeep vehicles," said Jeff Bell, Vice President Jeep, DaimlerChrysler Corporation. "We created Jeep Trail Rated to communicate the legendary Jeep capability that is designed into every Jeep 4x4."

Jeep Trail Rated is supported by the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC), which has 45 years of off-road vehicle testing experience, including the creation of standards for the U.S. military.

The new Jeep "Trail Rated" badge indicates that every Jeep 4x4 has been designed to perform in a variety of challenging off-road conditions identified by five key consumer-oriented performance categories, including Traction, Ground Clearance, Maneuverability, Articulation and Water Fording.

"Through a combination of natural and controlled field tests, as well as computer-simulated environments, Jeep Trail Rated provides a repeatable and consistent measurement of off-road performance for all Jeep vehicles," said Bell. "As the Jeep brand expands, Trail Rated will help us ensure that our legendary 4x4 capability remains a cornerstone of the Jeep brand."

Six new print ads and four new television spots will communicate the stringent requirements that Jeep vehicles must meet in order to earn the Jeep "Trail Rated" badge. The new spots will highlight one of the five consumer-oriented categories that make up Jeep Trail Rated. Consumers can also see details of Jeep Trail Rated here on Jeep.com. Additionally, the Jeep brand will debut Jeep Trail Rated creative in The New Yorker magazine's charter edition of the Tablet PC.

Describing the overall direction of the ads, Bell added, "Each print ad will consistently show the performance standards with a capability graphic that highlights one of the five off-road conditions being demonstrated, along with the Trail Rated 4x4 badge. The television spots will also feature the performance categories and the Trail Rated 4x4 badge."

"The Jeep brand continues to deliver on the promise to provide rugged, versatile vehicles with authentic 4x4 capability," said Bell.

Here is what I found about the jeep. I haven't seen details yet but they do seem neat. I would have bought one if I was buying next year and not this year.

Bob, your jeep is still a 4X4, of course! What Jeep isnt? This is just a bit extra features offered in the 4x4 feature.

There is also a columbia edition jeep that is being offered soon, its features are a roof rack, and 17 inch wheels.

Since my Jeep can go over trails that those cant.. does that mean that my Jeep is a higher trail rated than those haahhahaha

Back