Does anyone know anything about digital cameras?

mgaron

I am looking into buying a new digital camera but cannot decide between Pentax S4, Canon S400 and Minolta G500. My main question is are the image qualities that different.

Thanks

I just asked the same thing about a month ago. If you search back I'm sure you can find the thread. I ended up buying the Olympus C750 because I wanted the 10x optical zoom. The only downside to Olympus is that the Olympus brand XD cards are rather expensive. You can buy the generic cards but you'll lose the panamaric mode on the camera. I can't tell you anything about the cameras you're looking at.

mgaron said:
I am looking into buying a new digital camera but cannot decide between Pentax S4, Canon S400 and Minolta G500. My main question is are the image qualities that different.

Thanks

without knowing the specs on the cameras, i would ask what you plan to use it for? i use mine for offroad type pics... 2 megapixel is fine, gets me nice 4x6 prints. if you are trying to replace a 35mm, 4 or more megapixel is recommended. other than that, compre features, ease of use, etc and go for it.

Personally I have the Sony Mavica, and recommend any digital that does not require softeware to install on your pc. Yall have seen my pics. I save mine in email format for the web, so they could have more pixels, but it takes great pics and all you need is a 3.5 disk. All pics are saved on it print the see them when you take them and it does not bogg down you pc. Just my opinion good luck. Great investment.

blazer blower upgrade problem, maybe.

Mavica's do rock. The one that takes the diskette is rather large though. I just bought an Olympus with 4.0 Megapixel and a 10x optical. It works great. They are expensive though.
I haven't seen one yet that had the quality of a good 35mm. The pictures look good on the computer but when you print they seem to lose a little quality, even with my new Lexmark photo printer.

Ya but Floppy disks are on the way out...

Get a camera with an interchangeable Compact Flash or Smart Media stick. These act like a USB mass storage device when read through the camera or an external memory stick reader.

Basically functions exactly like a floppy disk (creates a drive letter on Windows or a mounted storage device on Linux), except they store much more data and can be read or written to at a much faster rate :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back