Little Known Facts about Jeepz Members

Hey StockJeepCJ,I have an 82 cj7 too.And guess what,my speedo doesnt work,and my clock is really really slow.

Okay, I'm a little late here but my name is Ken. I own 2 Jeeps...I used to own 3 and will soon only one (my '95 YJ). Professionally, I'm a strategy & management consultant and generally work with larger (Fortue 1000-type) companies. Personally, I'm working with different personal business ventures...my favoriate of which is investing in real estate and my goal is to rely completely on my personal ventures before too long. I travel too much (I'm in Princeton, NJ right now and just flew in from Providence, RI a few hours ago...my last post was from Boca Raton, FL) and I'm looking to simplify my life.

Outside of work-stuff, I'm an avid hockey player though I'm currently recovering from a muscle pull and missed the first 3 of 4 games of the early fall season and will probably miss at least 1 or 2 more before I can play again. :( I like most outdoors stuff...you name it, I probably like it. I've off-roaded frequently in the past though I haven't done as much over the past year. I'm still single (unmarried) but dating...a couple of relationships had/have strong prospects but...I jus dunno. Meanwhile, my Mom is bugging me for grandkids. :shock: Last but certainly not least, I'm also a Christian and long overdue in my somewhat recent quest to thoroughly read and study the Bible.

Oh, and I have this bad habit of posting long posts...but I'm working on that. :D

To keep from sleeping on the sofa... come on really... He isn't worried about sleeping on the sofa. He is more worried I will hide the new parts for his Jeep when they get here than sleeping on the sofa.

So now the little known secret is out. GreyWolf has a girlfriend and I am it!

~Mel

Bad day for Michigan Jeepers...

And here I was trying to find the post where we all put our pictures, because I look totally different with a full beard now, and look what I find... While some posts have touched on some things, I don't think that any were as comprehensive as this one... So, here we go, late, but here, it's me...

I am Sean Ballantine. My birthday is May 12, I am 21. I graduated in 2001 from Lamphere High school... After graduation, I found that I had the time and money to go up north to my property, where my family had always vacationed, but we had not been up to for 10 years... We're talking happiest memories of my life here. So I pack up the old '84 Reliant, and head up there... For all you non-michigan residents, hold up your right hand facing you. I live in Madison Heights, a suburb of Detroit. It's sorta in the middle of the meaty part under the thumb... Now look at your middle finger tip. A little above that knuckle is my property, bit of a haul... I got stuck in the mud, tow truck destroyed my car and booked, so upon my return, I got my Jeep, found Jeepz.com, and became totally enveloped in this twisted addiction.

In my spare time, I love to cook, and I write poetry, short stories, and songs. I play drums in a wannabe band with my friends, would be a garage band, but we need to run power out there first. When I am stressed out, I go for long drives in my Jeep, usually with the music cranked, and me singing along... Ever see a guy in a blue XJ in Michigan, singing along to something very loudly, there's a very good chance it's me, because I almost always sing while driving, unless there is someone else in there with me. I value the aspects of Northern Michigan more than anything, and there are times when I get sick of people, asphalt, electricity, and reality TV. So I head up north, where it is just me, and clear out my head... Always come home in a good mood... I work too much, and sleep too little. I am torn right now regarding a path in life, it's either culinary arts, or teaching English, at the high school level. I am usually online very late at night... But to get back to the little known facts aspect, I'd say that singing while driving is the major one. I love to drive my Jeep, sometimes, it's the only thing that puts me in a good mood, and like I said, while I am driving, no matter what mood I'm in, I'm singing along to something... Love to sing...

RE: Bad day for Michigan Jeepers...

Sure am glad to see this post again. There are factabout each of you that need to be reviewed again from time to time. Many of the members have not post on this one yet and would love to see a bit more about each of you. This is one of my presonal all time favorit post cause it goes a bit deeper than most into the people that make jeepz a great place to hang out! tug

I missed this one.

My name is Chris, and I'm 29 years old. I'm married and just had my first child, a little girl. After working a few odd jobs while attending college, I dropped out and went to machinist school. Went to work for my parents at their machine shop. We started a new business in 1996 called Wilmington Grill Company, we make stainless steel cooking grills for residential usage and high-end competition style pig cookers. We recently sold both businesses and my father and I are working for the new owners until they relocate the business. It's a good gig for now, they are paying us well for basically just teaching them how to run the business. Probably open up another fab shop when it's over.

I've only got one dog and three cats right now. Constantly picking up strays and finding them homes though. I love animals, and hate people who abuse them.

Been Jeeping since I was 18. I grew up as a hotrodder though, so my Jeeping taste is a little different than most. Love mud and sand racing. I love street racing more, but I don't like the price it sometimes has attached to it. I'm a car nut too, specifically Chevrolets.

This is fantastic. I'm gonna do it again. lol I don't think I wrote much before, if I did I am too lazy to look it up.

My name is Heather April or LJF to many. I'm also a pirate queen. Huge fan of Jimmy Buffet and Jeeps. I love to travel and experience new things. I have an associates degree in computer science and hope to pursue a bachelors in Literary arts of some sort (starting next year-looking for funds).

I read and write in my spare time, and do some graphic design. I really want to make a career someday out of my writing abilities. Someday when I'm older I am going to move to an island and open up a bar/restaurant. Currently, I work in manufacturing management and with the local library at a computer lab in the mall.

I'm almost 31, New years eve and live in Maryland USA. I am divorced with no children and have two cats, one newly adopted. (I have to get pics soon!) He is temporarily staying with my mom due to a respiratory infection. I jeep when I can which is not often due to my work schedules. I've loved jeeps since I was able to drive but just got my first one last year. It's over 20 K already!

Jeep on friends!
LJF

tire choice for a tj

My name is Kyle, I'm almost 16. (yea I know what you all thinking, wow what an old dude). At this point in life I am in highschool. Born in southern california and still live here. I first got into jeeps when my friend took me for a few rides in his YJ. I loved it! The jeeping that is. For about a year I begged my dad to let me get an old jeep and rebuild it. Finally he let me buy an old CJ, and we have been rebuilding it ever since.

I have learned everything I know about cars from my dad. He rebuilt a few cars while I was growing up and he always tried to teach me something, either wrenching or how things worked. He has taught me alot and has helped tons on my jeep.

wow i missed this one too.
my name is sam, i am a senior at menchville highschool in newport news virginia and am 18yrs old. i drive a 94 yj SOA on 2" leaves with 35's and a locked 8.8 :) . i also ride BMX from time to time, getting into the jeep kinda got me out of it a little bit but at one time we were taking state wide road trips to go find new places to ride. ive had my jeep for about a year and a half now. ive learned a lot of stuff so far but im still learning more about jeeps. i do some video editing, some photography, shoot a lot of pool and i am about to be on a year with my wonderful girlfriend elyse. i also do some bird hunting and used to fish a lot, not so much anymore i kind of got impatient with it after all the bass died in the chickahominy about 6 years ago and still havent come back. other than that im just 18 and kicking around ideas for the rest of my life, hope to pull some engineering out of all of it, ive got a knack for anything mechanical

Great News!!

I must've missed this one. As you can tell by my username, my name is Craig (couldn't think of a good username at the time I signed up). I'm 30 (man, I never thought I'd be sayin that...30) I live just outside Vancouver Canada. I'm a supervisor in one of the world's largest aluminum wheel manufacturing plants. The job kinda sucks and shift work definately sucks but the pay and benifits are excellent. Currently looking for a new job in plant/manufacturing management but I'm not in a big hurry...if the right offer comes around, great. If not, no big deal. I have a girlfriend of 4 years and we just bought our first place together. Besides offroading in the jeep, my favorite thing to do is grab a case of beer and go fishing with my buddies. This is the first and only jeep I've ever owned. Used to be into fast cars and illegal drag racing but after a lot of very expensive tickets, a few accidents and a lot of close calls, I decided to go the opposite direction with a large 4x4 and slow myself down before I got myself killed. Bought a 96 F150 and lifted it. Got too expensive on repairs and gas so I bought the jeep. Can't say it's much cheaper than the truck but it's definately a lot more fun off roading with the top down...especially when it's muddy!

Ok,Ok,Ok........hard to compress 50 years (?) into a little window here. Born and raised in Ohio....had my first "Jeep revelation" at the Dairy Queen in Ottawa, Ohio (the weekend cruisin' "turnaround"). There was an old '50s - '60s Willys sittin' there for sale (I was 16)......folks wouldn't let me buy shite but I fell in love.......Grew up, went through many jobs, many jobs, many jobs.......met a woman from Florida when I finally got my shite together (living in Cincinnati at the time)....married her, had my son, worked in Cincy for a while, but eventually moved to Florida. Lived there many years (17), chasing the "American Dream".....(re: MONEY) and without a Jeep (always owned trucks). Divorced my wife and married her again (can you say "DUMBASS"!!!!!). Things went well for a while, but we divorced again. Raised my son through the "teen" years (I feel for y'all that're there now!!), drifted through life chasing the money, workin' for contractors, makin' the big bucks, when I had an epiphany!!!! Made good money, had no life, not a good example for my son, no woman, spiritually void!!!! Met the mudwoman (online, of all places :shock: ), bought a Jeep ( a 50-year dream), moved to North Carolina, not making squat money-wise, don't care, am happier than I've ever been in my life!!! So, all you 20-30 year olds, don't sweat it!!!! Life is GREAT and it just continues to be GREAT!!!! You haven't even TASTED it yet!!! Anyway, Mudwoman is an artist, so I enjoy watching her paint, and she plays the hammered dulcimer (I play acoustic guitar, amoung others), and we have a lot of fun, musical, artistic times together. I can only wish that y'all can find something as beautiful. Oh, and we take our Jeeps all over this God-blessed country. Enough for now. Like I said, hard to compress 50 years of livin' into this small space.

Mud

Your life story is so sweet and truly endearing to the rest of us chugging alone a bit "spiratually void". I've been divorced once and haven't gotten away from the marraige 100% yet but I am determined that there be no round two. I figure if it didn't work the first time its bound to fail again. Sometimes it's just so hard to leave something you've known for ten years or more behind even when you know its bad for you in some ways. It's just as hard to remain friends on some days though.

Sometimes life bites you in the behind doesn't it! I think it's really neat how you made it out smiling in the end. The best to you and Mrs. Mud!

LJF

I guessed I missed this one. Great thread!

I'm Harry. TC to most folks here. I'm a dad with 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls, ages between 18 mos and 8 yrs), but all the neighbors' kids are here all the time and I should be able to claim them on my taxes. My wife, Leigh, is the light of my life and I honestly don't know how the heck she keeps the gears turning in this family and house but she is the greatest. I had a rough upbringing - I'll spare the details, but although I have family, I pretty much raised myself from age 13. I am living a life today that I thought I never would, and it is nothing short of miraculous. Props to the big man upstairs for seeing me through :) !

Born in New England, lived on the Cape till I was 11yrs. I still miss the Cape. Now I'm a Baltimoron. Hay hon! Welcome ta Bawlmer hon!

I have worked as a lineman (elec. power lines) for most of my life, and now am working for Verizon. It is practically retirement lol compared to the back breaking work I did previously. I love baseball, avidly follow the Orioles. Coach little league and keep a glove, bat, and ball in my Jeep year round ('cause ya never know). I've had 3 Jeeps (still got 2 of them), I used to wheel my old Toyota 4x4 ('86), but am a devout Jeep man now. I'm a recreational SCUBA diver, I hunt, I fish, I'm a college dropout, and I have a dog (mutt really) named Bobbi. My 8 yr old kicks my tail at playstation 2 but I keep trying.

Years ago I was a heavy concert-goer, and have a shoebox full of ticket stubs. I used to see Buffett every year, but it has been a while. I keep the CD's in the Jeep though.

"The sea's in my veins, my tradition remains, I'm just glad I don't live in a trailer!"

RE: west coast

LJF, thank you for the very kind words! I truly know of your struggles.....the ex and I are not and will never again be "friends" (Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on ME!!). Such is life. And, BTW, great idea for a thread....glad somebody resurrected it!

Twisted, I have new admiration (more than I already had).

And Dennis (berettajeep), take it easy on yourself!!! Life really sucks in some ways for all of us - you just have to make the best out of the cards you were dealt. You fathered a beautiful son and you love him to death, so in my book you're a GOOD man!! Never touched alcohol or drugs?!?! Man, that's admirable!! Don't dwell on you "dad" or your mom's struggles with getting through this life. That was their thing, and now it's YOURS!! You've made it this far, so keep on truckin'! Nobody said it was going to be easy (and it's not!). It troubles me that you don't believe in God (but I noticed you capitilized His name). He's still there waitin' for you.........it's truly amazing the way He sits by waiting for us to try to figure things out, and He's still there when we finally realize that we CAN'T!!!! I'm prayin' for ya, man. Sounds like you got a big hole that needs to be filled (spiritually speaking). Peace be with you, bro!

Forgot to mention my musical tastes in my previous post. Yeah, I like Buffet, but I was influenced early by Dylan (early 60's), Arlo Guthrie, Phil Ochs, Tom Paxton, Buffy Sainte Marie, Pete Seeger.........lots and lots of others. My musical tastes are sort-of "off the wall". That's why I listen to public radio so much - can't hear my folks on commercial radio. I am the #1 John Prine fan (we just saw him in Nashville in Oct) and love Steve Goodman's music (shame that he died so young). And, of course, love Bluegrass and the music of the mountains.....there's so many great musicians around here that'll never be heard outside of these peaks unless you come down here to hear them - it's amazing!! But I'll listen to anything but rap - and I still get doses of that (regrettably) from my son.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we are Tim and Bonney Brown , TJ and YJ(aka - the "muds"). And we LOVE Jeepz and Jeepzers!

Real names Justin, I am 23 and a senior at Oregon State University. College has been one of the biggest wastes of time and money, havent learned a darn thing that I couldnt have learned by picking up a book. I am engaged to my gal of almost 3 years and we hope to marry soon. I like to lift weights, fish, camp, water ski, travel, paintball, and spend time with friends and family. I am one of those guys that thinks "the more friends the better" not "I have enough friends". I love to sit around with a good stiff drink and shoot the breeze till the wee hours of the morning, I never go to bed before 2 am, I used to want to be a police officer (I am a campus police officer right now, law enforcement is too political and doesnt pay enough) but have since changed my mine and hope to pursue a different career after we move to Vegas at the end of the summer so my fiance can attend nursing school. I wish that I could meet a ton of y'all that are on here, hopefully someday I will, I do plan on heading to Boston and New York in the near future, so I will let you guys know when for sure and maybe we can get together. I was just thinking back to the first day that I joined this forum, never did I imagine I would be this attached to it and have "internet friends" who I know think of as more than just internet friends. Thanks for all the good talk this past year and a half, wouldnt trade this forum for any other forum out there.

RE: west coast

I'd sure like to see Mingez post on here........but.....Terry, how much hard drive space did you say we have???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

73 CJ-5 Maybe ....Maybe Not....

Wow, how did TC, Corrupt, AND myself miss this the first time around?!!!

Well, here goes:

My name is Ian Dominguez, and I'm 31..UGH thirty freakin' one!!!
I grew up in Alameda California (the Island off of Oakland)
I spent the other part of my life in Albuquerque New Mexico
Then moved back out to the Bay Area to finish school in San Francisco
I'd sell all my friends and family to gypsies in exchange for another 49ers Superbowl.
I've met Joe Montana (caught a pass from him) Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, and Ronnie Lott. Met Joe and Ronnie in the 5th grade. Jerry signing his book in downtown SF, and Roger Craig in New Orleans. (random)
I love to play Football, Basketball, and Hockey.
Me and my sports idol, Jerry Rice have the same birthday: October 13th
I am not religious. My dad was a Catholic, and my mother was a Buddhist.
I listen to EVERY genre of music. Hip Hop to House, Death Metal to Country.
I too have had a struggle with people passing away in my life.
My Mother drowned trying to save me from the same fate when I was 12.
My Grandparents commited a double suicide about 10 years ago.
Many other friends and family, but don't want this to be too much of a downer so I'll stop there.
I am single and childless, but would like to get married and have children.
AND, I have caught 9 garters out of 11 weddings that I have been to.
I'm a city boy, who loves to play in the wilderness.
I love to surf.
I likes da girlz wit da booty.
Used to smoke, have quit for quite a while now.
I am arachnophobic, but phobic of nothing else
Most of you know this, but I am 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 Mexican. I always check the box marked "other".
Things I don't like: France, the Cowboys, The Av's, and the Lakers.
I have a Black Belt, and used to Kick Box.
I also used to fight in the Mixed Martial Arts.
My favorite movies: Big Trouble in Little China, Evil Dead 2, American Beauty, Godfather, So I Married an Axe Murder
I used to edit film and video, I also "Gripped" on Nash Bridges.
I have a "Telly" Award, for an infomercial I produced, directed and edited.
I'm horrible at math.
I have a Westie Terrier named "Crackers".
I hate the heat. I like the temp to be a brisk 50-70 degrees. Anything more is too HOT.
I would DIE for my friends. I'm loyal to a fault.

--that's all I could think of

Back