Michael Vick, the Pit Bull fighter.

KrazyJeeper,
That's pretty much what I have been saying, they are just more dangerous than other breeds and the problem is they are usually owned by people who are not capable or responsible enough to handle them.

Good to hear your take since you have professional experience in this area ;)

Back on topic a bit...................

Be nice if they'd sentence Vick to spend some time in a fighting ring with a Pit that was trained to kill NFL quarterbacks!! THAT I'd like to see. He may have some moves on the football field, but I don't think they'd help much against a Pit.:evil:

lol

I heard a quip from Jon Stewart (on another show) on the radio the other morning where he said that we should spread liver and beef all over Vick and turn a bunch of pit bulls loose so we can see just how how elusive and evasive he can really be :lol: (not an exact quote but that's the gist of it).

Everything I've read has stated that the owner of the dog must be responsible but what about the victim? If you jump in trying to break up a dog fight(the woman many posts ago) it doesn't matter if it's a pit or a black lab you can expect to get bit. One of my friends got bit by a normally docile lab because he was toying with it staring it straight in the eye in an unfriendly way. Dogs are intelligent creatures, anybody who's ever owned one knows that, and sometimes it's the stupidity of humans that causes harm. I'm not saying sometimes dogs don't just snap and start biting but the majority of the time there is a reason not solely the dogs fault.

The only injury I've ever had from a dog was from a lab that was the most tame creature I've known. And it was while trying to break it apart from my lab when it wandered into my campsite while mine was eating.

When my pit finishes her food and starts snoopin around the other dogs bowl while she's still eating the other dog starts growling a bit. At this point my pit backs off. She knows she's about to get schooled. I've never had to break them apart luckily.

Why is it that one topic of great interest and controversy seems to always encompass another topic of the same interest and controversy? :?| Dang, that's why these threads get derailed, and also why I tend to get ****ed when someone replies to the secondary topic instead of the one I posted. :redface:

That being said, I'll speak my peace on both.

Before this whole ordeal came about, I had no clue who Michael Vick was. Never even heard his name, that I can remember. But that's beside the point, sorta. I'm not a fan of PETA, and I still feel humans should get preferential treatment over animals. However, what he did...what all dogfighters do...is inexcusable. (This is where the two topics blend a bit, but dogfighters are the root of the problem with overly vicious dogs.) Vick is, as had been said before, lowlife scum. Hang him. Hang all dogfighters.

As far as pit bulls, I do not trust them, nor will I tolerate one on my property or near my family. In the past few years, I have shot and killed no less than a dozen of them on my property, all with the blessing of the 911 operator I was talking to at the time, and of the LEO that responded afterwards. I am justified in doing so to any dog that comes onto my property and acts in a vicious or threatening manner. Now, lets speak of the population of dogs in little ol' No Hope, KS: according to the last statistics (about 2 years ago), there were an equal number of large breeds of dogs (chows, pits, shepherds, collies, malamutes, labs, etc.) in this town. So, statistically speaking, of the six most popular large breeds of dogs in town, I should have had to shoot 2 of each over the past few years. I have never shot anything but a pit bull. I have never had another breed of dog act in a vicious or threatening manner in my own yard. Have I seen other breeds act that way other places? Sure. In a farming community like this, everyone has dogs, mostly large breeds on the farms. So, I've been around large breed dogs all my life, and from my own personal experience, the two most likely dogs to attack have been pit bulls and chows, respectively. However, the pits were far more likely to attack or even show aggressive behavior than the chows. I'm sorry, Mingez, but I'll have to side with TC on this one in saying that the "aggressiveness studies" were biased by an agenda. Sure, people have a negative connotation against pits because of the press they've gotten, but they've gotten that press for a reason. That reason is because they are overall a vicious dog breed. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, as there are in any case, but as a whole I believe that pits are the most dangerous dogs to have around humans, and I gather that belief from personal experience, testimony of others who have had dealings with various breeds of dogs, and medical reports I was privy to when I worked in the health care industry. The news may only report attacks by pits, but doctors and other health care workers must report attacks by all dogs. And based on those reports, pits are the very worst by a landslide, not just in number but also in the severity of attacks.

.... In the past few years, I have shot and killed no less than a dozen of them on my property, all with the blessing of the 911 operator I was talking to at the time, and of the LEO that responded afterwards.....

Holy Smokes!! were some of them in packs or all just straying around your place?.

I'm sorry, Mingez, but I'll have to side with TC on this one
:?| Oh, no... no you don't mister...:?|

You and I are not allowed to agree. It will crash the Jeepz servers. Can't happen...

This thread is dead for lack of argumentative abrasiveness and it must be terminated to preserve Jeepz.com and the entire world as we know it.

Well... okay, fine, We agree. I don't have to like it :twisted: :p

Holy Smokes!! were some of them in packs or all just straying around your place?.

Just straying along by themselves, causing trouble. We've had several small dogs and cats killed in town by the pits. There's a city ordinance against owning a pit bull, but like most other ordinances here, it's not enforced because it's poorly written and has no teeth.

:?| Oh, no... no you don't mister...:?|

You and I are not allowed to agree. It will crash the Jeepz servers. Can't happen...

This thread is dead for lack of argumentative abrasiveness and it must be terminated to preserve Jeepz.com and the entire world as we know it.

Well... okay, fine, We agree. I don't have to like it :twisted: :p

Man, I'm sorry! :( I tried to find some way to avoid it, some way to insult you, your Jeep, or your wife, but it just wasn't there! :?| If we can't disagree, then I'm just gonna stop posting in this thread! :evil:

a friend told me that Vick was charged with torturing the dogs also.
IF one would loose, he would body slam it and had even hung some up for losing.
That was the reason the feds got into it.

Have any of you heard that part?

For some reason, reading over Mingez' last post had me thinking of the guy that moved from California to Alaska to live with the grizzly bears. What was his name?
He had them all named and thought the guides in the area mistreated them by shooting at them or trying to run them off.
I bet he was thinking how misunderstood those bears were when one ate him and his girlfriend for dinner one night.

For some reason, reading over Mingez' last post had me thinking of the guy that moved from California to Alaska to live with the grizzly bears. What was his name?
He had them all named and thought the guides in the area mistreated them by shooting at them or trying to run them off.
I bet he was thinking how misunderstood those bears were when one ate him and his girlfriend for dinner one night.

His name was Timothy Treadwell.
his girlfriend got away, but filmed or at least recorded the audio of most of the attack, they won't show it, but played some of the audio on a TV program.. his screams were really hair raising to say the least..
What I saw of him, he was a wack job nut who couldn't get along with any human

Sparky,
There's no need for that picture except for someone who may get some sort of sick thrill from it.

We have had people provide links to questionable material here before and warn of it's content before clicking.

WHy don't you try that :?|

That's disturbing man

Oh, ok, the lady I saw in the documentary talking about the attack and referring to the man being killed, I thought was his finance' but it was the man's sister.

Thats why the camera was dropped on only audio was captured.

ugh.

Sparky,
There's no need for that picture except for someone who may get some sort of sick thrill from it.

In your opinion, which as we all know by now is the only opinion to be considered. :D Seriously, though, see my edit. I don't get a "sick thrill" from it, in fact, it doesn't phase me at all. Probably doesn't phase any "real" man. :p

In your opinion, which as we all know by now is the only opinion to be considered. :D Seriously, though, see my edit. I don't get a "sick thrill" from it, in fact, it doesn't phase me at all. Probably doesn't phase any "real" man. :p
"real man"? Please... if enjoying looking at a disturbingly grotesque image of some unfortunate victim is what it takes to be a real man then I guess I don't qualify. Sorry if I seemed like a crybaby to you, but I fail to see the point of posting an image like that one or how it could possibly benefit anyone except how I described in the other post. And yeah... it is offensive to me, and is very disrespectful to the victim (and family).

There's a reason they don't put that stuff on network TV or in the newspapers and I just tried to explain those reasons to you.

If you don't see that then your heart is cold and your mind is obtuse.

If anyone would like to see the picture of the dead guy with his penis exposed and scraps of meat hanging off his only remaining leg, PM me and I'll send it to you.
[sarcasm]Nothing indicating "sick thrill" in that post [/sarcasm]

Gee I bet those PM's are really piling up.

Back