1981 Cj5 Fs

TooTall

Okay guys and gals this is the one you have been looking for. When I bought this Jeep I looked all over New England answering ads that said "this Jeep is in excellent condition" well none of them were. It took me 9 months to find this CJ5. This jeep is the best CJ5 around. It came with the "Iron Puke". It ran fine but wouldn't go up even a moderate incline in 4th gear so I pulled it out and had a Chevy 4.3L V6 rebuilt by a local guy who is nationally known who rebuilds motors for racing teams as well as for many Ferrari owners. It has rollers rockers, upgraded cam, heavy duty cam gears, balanced crank, matched weight pistons, stainless bolt kit, new oil pumps. In other words the interior of the engine is for performance. Attached to the engine are some dandy parts also. A bunch of Edelbrock stuff, high torque starter, Performer intake manifold and carb, expensive HEI distributor, high performance alternator, upgraded radiator to handle the larger engine, manual ckoke which I like, nothing to go wrong, fewer wires, dual exhaust, stainless tips. This thing sounds great. The body has a fair amount of Kentrol Stainless parts, windshield knobs, mirrors, wiper motor cover, door entry, lower edge of body, steering column cover, grab handle, glove box cover, license plate holder, gas filler. No diamond plate to cover up rust. The whole interior has been treated with Rust Bullet so all interior metal looks flat black with no rust. I was going to do the whole underside with the same stuff but I did not get to it yet. That will be this summer's project should I not sell it sooner. Motor runs super, transmission Crimp One Off smoothly no grinding or stiffness. The four wheel drive is all fine and working. No leaks on the garage floor from anywhere. Now for the bad stuff. The oil pressure guage and some of the dash lights aren't working. The oil pressure was tested a few time with a manual guage when it was installed and it is totally fine, I just haven't hooked it up yet, too cold to play in the garage right now. New front disk brakes pads. Tires look new. I put an old style steering wheel on it because I liked the look. The horn is a push button momentary on the dash. The seats I think are Bestop and look like new, no holes, tears or rips. Carpet sets look as new. Rust? One small bubble, no rust showing, on drivers side otherwise the paint on the exterior looks great, very few scratches and no dents whatsoever. I took off the dash pad because it looked crappy and I like it better without it. This Jeep has never been driven in snow or salt and is always garaged. I used it primarily to take my clubs to the course and go for a drive with my wife on warm sunny days. Since the motor was rebuilt I have put only about 400 miles on it if that. It sits just high enough to look cool but has no lift kit installed. To answer your usual question, I'm selling it because my wife and I are moving to North Carolina and I do have to get rid of some of my toys. It's a small place down there with no barns to keep all my stuff in. Anyway, there you have it. I do have pics and I will gladly email them. Thanks. tbobetsky@yahoo.com and I will try to answer any and all questions. $8500.00 OBO 413-648-5449 or my cell 413-522-1996

Jeep is located in Western MA, Greenfield area. Email me for pics if interested. tbobetsky@yahoo.com

Thanks....Ted

Back