'08 Wrangler X subwoofer install question

pepperbelly

I have an '08 Wrangler X. It did not come with the factory sub. A friend who has an identical Wrangler has a sub, and we noticed his wiring comes out of the side panel.
Would mine have the wiring even though it doesn't have the sub?
I want to install a Bazooka Tube that I have had for a while. It sounded good in the other Wranglers I used to have and is all I really need. It's an 8" amplified tube.

Are there any issues replacing the stock speakers in the overhead sound bar? Mine are crappy and I want to replace themm with a pair of Sony X-Plodes I have.

Thanks,
Jim

Most of The Chrysler and Jeep Vehicles are Equiped with the wiring harness for most of the Optional Equipment offered to that Vehicle. Check the harness on the passenger rear compartment where the sub. is mounted from the factory. you might find it taped up on the harness or just tucked in the carpet. Also, check with your local Dealership before you install an aftermarket Amplified Sub. if they say that they will Honor the warranty if the radio fails even with an aftermarket Sub, Get it in writing. Just a suggestion. as far as the overhead Speakers, i haven't got the oportunity to take one apart. someone else here might have done it though.

Go to jkowners.com. There is tons of information about everything that deals with the JK's. Just always come back here, this is home.... :)

Back