Audio Procurement/Set Up Advice

RockOn93

Ok audio junkies, I'm looking for some advice as I am at the point to address my lack of tunes. I haven't bought an aftermarket audio system in 15 years let alone one for a Jeep.

So here is a little background-
- 93 Wrangler
- weekend toy not my DD, trail Jeep but sees weekend pavement regularly
- running Super Swampers that roar like a squadron of B-52s
- not worried about theft as the Jeep is garaged and rarely out of my view when out and about
- rarely run with doors and if I do theyre soft doors. Safari top is primary, soft top when I absolutely have too.
- wheel n south Florida, mud and swamp... More mud and swamp. Been known to fill a tub with some black water.

So here are my questions -
1) other than a sound bar, anyone have any other recommendations on speakers or mounting speakers that don't require floor/tub mounts?
2) watts - power recommendations that will provide me with my ZZ Top and not be drowned out by tire roar @ highway speeds?
3) overhead deck and amp mount the best option here?

Feel free to make any recommendations you my have.

I live just outside Tampa. I know what you are talking about the weather conditions in Fl....... My old stereo and speakers finally give up on me last year. Purchased all my components but never had a chance to do anything with them until Christmas. Now I can listen to my ACDC and not have to worry about road noise. I went with Sony marine grade stereo and cd player. It comes with all the necessary cables to be able to listen to tunes from a USB jump drive as well as a iPod. For front speakers I used Polk 4 by 6 speakers with theaters. The speakers are also marine grade. Rear speakers, 6" Kicker speakers and tweaters, also marine grade. I mounted the speakers on boat speaker cans and bolted them on my roll bar. For the front speakers as well as the rear ones, I installed stainless steel 3 micron screed between the speakers an speaker grills to prevent water and debris getting to the speakers. Installed a Vibe AMPbehind the rear seats. I have about $750 into it but I don't have to worry about road noise anymore. That was a Merry Christmas to me..... If interested I can PM you with all the parts numbers. I wouldn't get home until Saturday afternoon.

Back