Audio electronix for dummies 101

rubn1out

No offense fellas but after reading just about every electrical related blog here....you guys are scaring the shit outta me... PLEASE I BEG YOU...YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY BEGS YOU...YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPT BEGS YOU....YOUR DOG BEGS YOU YOUR MOM BEGS YOU YOUR GIRLFRIEND BEGS YOU....AND MOST OF ALL YOUR WALLET BEGS YOU....before attempting any audio/electrical upgrade...or asking fellow members technical questions....(it's like the blind leading the blind) go here:

http://www.the12volt.com

Last edited:

No offense fellas but after reading just about every electrical related blog here....you guys are scaring the shit outta me... PLEASE I BEG YOU...YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY BEGS YOU...YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPT BEGS YOU....YOUR DOG BEGS YOU YOUR MOM BEGS YOU YOUR GIRLFRIEND BEGS YOU....AND MOST OF ALL YOUR WALLET BEGS YOU....before attempting any audio/electrical upgrade...or asking fellow members technical questions....(it's like the blind leading the blind)

Whats the point of upgrading if you only do everything once? You try, you break stuff, you try again. A Jeep is a life-time project, might as well have something to do. :)

something to do? lol...You mean like spending your money TWICE on the same mod?? or replacing an entire vehicle? (i watched a dude's corvette burn to the ground because he failed to install a fuse at the battery) that was a very bad day ....just wouldn't want to see fellow Jeep brethren befall the same demise....

I agree with Jesse....but a few of these guys need a helping hand...thats all I'm getting at...

Different strokes for different folks dude. Some people enjoy going to the school of hard knocks. I'm sure at some point in your electronic career, you've learned some hard lessons, and now you're knowledgeable, but not without those screwups. I'm curious as to what the heck the corvette dude had in his car to get it to "burn to the ground". Last time I checked, it's kinda hard to get a plastic car like a vette to catch on fire.

Oh, and the "spending money TWICE on the same mod" thing. I do that all the time. It's a Jeep. You break stuff. I didn't buy a Jeep for it to sit in a show room. I bought it to play with.

But I digress.

Case and point...they are made of EXTREMELY flammable fiberglass my friend. Would hate to see a jeep go up in smoke over a 20 cent part.....

image-missing.png

no worries mate....and did you know...they make fiberglass tubs for jeeps also? for the same money you can get an aluminum tub....much much safer after seeing this I think.

Well you've now posted those same pics on multiple threads! You sure are proud of that thing! And thats great, thats your deal, that's cool, but I believe most of us on here like the trial and error method and if it burns to the ground then that's just another excuse to start over! If any of us need stereo advice we will contact you! Plus, I don't remember seeing your name ever reply to any of those threads for which we all supposedly gave such bad advice.

I meant on this site, not the12volt site! This is the site where your questioning everyones abilities and advice, remember!

one stop shopping brother... just as easy to go to that site for the correct answer than this one for a "maybe" one. Just saves time in my opinion....and that leaves more time....for more beer :D

You probably shouldn't be discrediting the help, and knowledge that the good people of this forum so willingly and gladly give. Every time I have had a question about something, I have gotten a very informative, and helpful answer. Even if not right away, its been discussed, and concluded with an agreeable, and correct solution. That's kind of what a forum is all about. If this was some kind of internet Chilton, I wouldn't visit it nearly as often.

bottom line. Help was needed. Help was provided via alternative means.
If I need answers on what gear ratio came with a 78 cj ...or how to adapt a 700R4 to a NVG231...this is the place I'd come to. But when I need to know Theile Small parameters of a 4th order band-pass enclosure....my money is on the 12volt.com
Would you go to KFC for a burger? Or Burger King for a taco? A ford dealer for a chevy.. A Jeep dealer for a Hummer?
Yeah it's fun to cut up with the fine folks here and have a laugh or two at the expense of those less than Jeep worthy....but I'm merely giving people minutes back to their busy day by cutting to the chase and showing them where to go for the answers. Follow?

I get what you're saying. But..... nevermind. I give up.

Well try to do it without being disrespectful to others who are trying to help! I bet if I ask twenty installers about the best enclose whether be ported or bandpass I'd get several answers! You are not the final authority and your way may not always be the right way. Besides we never asked about your site so not sure why your here pushing it anyway!

rubn1out said:
bottom line. Help was needed. Help was provided via alternative means.
If I need answers on what gear ratio came with a 78 cj ...or how to adapt a 700R4 to a NVG231...this is the place I'd come to. But when I need to know Theile Small parameters of a 4th order band-pass enclosure....my money is on the 12volt.com
Would you go to KFC for a burger? Or Burger King for a taco? A ford dealer for a chevy.. A Jeep dealer for a Hummer?
Yeah it's fun to cut up with the fine folks here and have a laugh or two at the expense of those less than Jeep worthy....but I'm merely giving people minutes back to their busy day by cutting to the chase and showing them where to go for the answers. Follow?

Yeeeeaaaah.... im not really sure you even know where you are, man. Or, in fact if this is even the right site for you. I can't tell how long you have been here from the app on my phone, and I don't really remember ever seeing any posts from you, but we don't do a whole lot of "cutting up", or "having a laugh or two at the expense of those less than jeep worthy". What does that even mean anyway? How is it possible to be less than worthy of a jeep? I think you must be either lost, or extremely confused.

Are you guys really that butt-hurt??..My apologies if it appears i have offended or discredited anyone....I believe the delivery of this blog was warranted, yet the manner at which it was delivered can be interpreted as differently as the number of subscribers. My sense of humor differs from yours and was displayed here multiple times...but like you said...i must be new to the site..which I am...the "cutting-up" less than jeep worthy comment was jestfully written.... Say whatever you want to to feel like you actually contributed to this topic...I have yet to read it other than "shame on you rubn1out"...but if you feel better....I guess that is really what matters to you..i'm a big boy and I can take whatever bashing you can throw at me..i don't care...but those of you who do need some form of electrical assistance....feel free to indulge in countless gigabytes of free charts, formulas. shematics, wiring diagrams, and FAQ's w/answers just a few clicks away :) ....oh...and you're welcome

Back