2.5 Performance

Would I feel any difference at highway speeds due to less drag, as it is my jeep now can do 75mph with no problem, but a head wind or a up hill grade it will come down to 60 to 65 mph. What about doing a flex fan. I know this I am the guy that can feel 1 HP difference on my jeep, so if electric fan does not rob any power that would be great. I do not want to regret a electric fan mod. I do plan to round off sufaces such as the face of flat front bumper, maybe using a PVC pipe sliced in have and blend it in for less wind drag. I know sounds getto, but I will make it look nice, black silicone, paint, bed liner and so on.

Any single mod (with the exception of gear swap) is hard to feel on the 2.5L. Combine some of them, and yes, you can feel them, but just the fan I dont think you will feel. Now, considering a Ford fan can be had for under $30 (make it $50 with a relay, switch and wiring), it's a cheap and simple mod to do. Ad a controller later on if you feel the need, but that may run between $79 and $150 or so (I dont regret having one and would do it again if I had the chance!). Ad other mods (like a 62mm TB, TBS, etc.) and then it's more likely you will feel the difference.

Sounds good, I do have many mods except any gear change, still running factory 4.10. I do have cold air intake, bored out TB, TB spacer, accel coil and wires along with NGK plugs, and also a catback. She runs pretty good now no complants. O yeah I was getting hesitation and bucking due to a small oil leak in either the power steering hose line or brake master cylinder line. Have not found the small leak yet, but after time it was going down into the O2 sensor connector, causing it to give a intermited false signal or something. Since I clean the female and male connector from accumulated grease grim and dirt she is no longer bucking. She is running smoother and more responsive. Gotta find that leak.

What year and model ford electric fan is suitable for a 97 jeep wrangler. Would I get it at a junk yard? And how hard is it to install.

Hey guys. what are some good good mods that I can throw on the 2.5. Running 33" 12.50 and looking for a little more power. Pushing about 60mph on highway but need a little more accleration since im driving on the beach sometimes.

Regear. make sure everything is clean under the hood and running to its full potential before you start looking to get major upgrades like exhaust systems and cold air intake and stuff.

Back