2008 GC Laredo 3.7

strongjeff

hey there, im new to the jeep community. i just recently bought a 2008 grand cherokee laredo that is...how do i say this, 2wd and is powered by the rather anemic 3.7 v6. what kind of power is this motor capable of with upgrades other than just intake and exhaust. what im saying is what can i do to this engine,to maximize power?:???

the best bang for the buck would be to sell it and buy a different jeep. your looking at a considerable amount of investment to get into the power range of the 5.7L, which due to **** poor fuel economy are selling used (at least around here) at a price that is not much more than the 3.7 and the 4.7.

the best bang for the buck would be to sell it and buy a different jeep. your looking at a considerable amount of investment to get into the power range of the 5.7L, which due to **** poor fuel economy are selling used (at least around here) at a price that is not much more than the 3.7 and the 4.7.

well i dont want to sell as i just bought it, i just need more power, specially down low

Sorry man but aside from intake and exhaust you have almost no options. Maybe a program but not likely for that Jeep. The Jeep you have is a half a Jeep therefore performance parts are limited as the people who buy those Jeeps are not looking for power or 4x4 so no market.
Agreed you should sell it and get a different one.

well ive found headers, intake tubing, tb spacers, programers, exhaust systems, and some very minor ignition system items. im pushing 210 horsepower stock, 235 ft-lbs torque. what would i push if i intalled all of the above, any ideas?

the 3.7 aint worth sinking a dime into its the worst motor Chrysler ever used in a jeep , on 3rd engine in 06 liberty

it is a piece of junk. our 02 liberty lost the 3.7l v6 at 110k miles, just like 95 percent of the other liberty owners. watch radiator carefully. if you start smelling any weird smells, replace it because the temp gauge will stay dead in the middle when your radiator breaks on the highway and dumps the fluid out. you won't know anything is wrong till you hear the bearings banging around the crank and when you look at hte gauges all reading perfect, your gonna be ****ed.

can you tell i still am? we sold the liberty as soon as we got it running again and got a wrangler. no more crappy v6 jeeps for us

the only 6 cylinder i would buy from chrysler is the 4.0 that came in my jeep. The rest of them are junk. imo buying a 2wd v6 jeep is like wiping before you go number 2, it just doesn't make sense, but if you like it then thats all that matters.

the only 6 cylinder i would buy from chrysler is the 4.0 that came in my jeep. The rest of them are junk. imo buying a 2wd v6 jeep is like wiping before you go number 2, it just doesn't make sense, but if you like it then thats all that matters.

its not to bad, i took it into a mud hole, water filled ruts to the point it bottomed out and it pulled right out with no problem, so it partly depends on the driver, i do have a you tube vid and its on my face book page.
2008 Grand Cherokee 2WD first test in mud

yesterday, i installed a spectre profab intake on my gc 3.7 and so far, big improvement in response and ive notice better mileage, and i like the new sound

Back