New Member in MD

Hondahawkrider

Hey, Jason here...
New Member and new to Jeeps. Literally.. I just gave the dealership $, or the bank did and I pick it up as soon as all the paperwork is ready for me sign

2018 Wrangler JKU Sport, Black
6 speed manual
Hard Top
your basic Jeep these days

I'm on some other forums for cars/bikes and they have been more than worthwhile. The interwebz says overall for closeknit and “real” folks, this is the place.. So Hi

I’m here primarily for care and maintenance, or best way to treat it so it lasts. As on average I keep a vehicle for over 10yrs.

I picked the JKU primarily because I could actually get a manual in a suv mid sized platform. I don’t like automatics, it a personal thing. The other reason was price. I’ve been scanning prices for Jeeps and some others, and thanks to the word of mouth and the interwebz, I think I got a good deal as anything <30k appears to be good. And well I think their cool.

i have some trepidation you hear horror stories. So I figured I’d start out right and connect with others who have em

thx
Jason

Last edited:

Welcome! While waiting for that new Jeep, you might want to practice the Jeep wave!

The Jeep community is a lot of fun. Welcome.

Welcome to Jeepz. I'd say get ready for some upgrades - there are just so many aftermarket options for Jeeps that it gets addictive.

As far as keeping your jeep for years, I've become a fan of fluid film. It's a spray on rust prevention that I put on every winter. You can pick it up pretty cheaply at Home Depot. That and some good oil (I like Mobil 1) has helped my TJ last living at the beach for 13 years.

3032514546-1.gif
and enjoy the forum!

Back