Prospective new owner (2010, 2dr Rubicon)

leetp

Hello,
My name is Tommy, I live in Charleston, SC, I am 45 and have been into off-roading all my life. Like most off-roaders, I do all my own wrench turning, and there is not much I won't or don't have the tools or determination to tackle--save for maybe automatic trannies...which is fine since what ever Jeep I wind up with will have a 6 speed.

Hoping to close this deal tomorrow (but if not, going to be back at it hard in the AM for another 2dr JK Rubicon for under 20k). At any rate, this will be my first ever Jeep. I am coming out of 2020 Ford Raptor (and a 2014 before that) and a string of other mostly full-size square body Chevys that I cut up, stuffed w/ lift kits, big tires and 1 ton axles. While those fancy new truck are quite nice, I am just not made for the age of the 100k pickup. So I am tapping out and getting back to my roots: live axles and transfer cases with actual levers.

My first order of business on this forum is to figure out what top I should get. My likely new Jeep doesn't have one, and for now I am going to assume there is no hardware either. I am going to hit the search now.

See you all around!

-Tommy

Welcome to the board.
What are your plans for the rig? All off-road or DD ???

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Welcome to the board.
What are your plans for the rig? All off-road or DD ???

It'll be a DD with occasional off-road....for now. Sometime down the road it might be relegated to just off-road and joy riding

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Id look at a hardtop. Less noise and better security. Soft tops are great snd BestTop is the OEM mfg so i’d start there if you want a soft top.

When it comes to other mods. Outline your spend plan and verify all changes needed to get there. It gets costly quick.

Thanks for the input. I am going to want a hard top at some point... But I did just get a Bestop Trektop for now.

Here's a picture of the Jeep:
09355589c3e9830e34202239cfe71ee7-1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Nice! Best of luck!

Back