USASpec's aux input device (Ipod to Jeep adapter)

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Ipod input for stock stereo

I've been pretty pleased with the factory stereo in my 2005 Wrangler. It's sufficiently loud, plays CDs, and easy to use, it did however lack one thing - an input for my (generic) Ipod. I consider my MP3 player to be pretty important (I'm addicted to books on tape), and briefly thought about replacing the stock stereo. I eventually decided to keep the stock unit, since I'll have the doors off alot I'm afraid that an aftermarket stereo would get stolen (does anyone steal car stereos any more)? So, how to add in my Ipod you ask? The answer is USASpec's aux input device (part number DF-CHR).

I found this device through Crutchfield (Crutchfield: Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, LCD TV, Plasma TV) - a company that I can't say enough good things about. It plugs into the CD changer controls on the back of your factory head unit, and will convert that into RCA inputs (two sets). This will allow you to input two different external devices.

Installation is easy, you simply have to remove the stereo, plug in the aux input device, and plug in your Ipod. I've attached the Crutchfield 2003+ Jeep Wrangler radio install directions for those that need it.

This device works great. You have to turn your Ipod volume up, and the volume for your stereo, but I believe that is normal for any line input.

Attachments

• usaspec-df-chr.jpg
    usaspec-df-chr.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,512
  • usaspec.pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:

Or you could get an 07, the stereo has a plug in for my Ipod!

Photos

And the photos:

Attachments

• usaspec-df-chr.jpg
    usaspec-df-chr.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • usaspec.pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 743
Looks like a nice adapter. If you wanted to go with a slightly cheeper route, I got my son an adapter from the local meijer store in the automotive section made by. Scosche. Unit is designed for marine and off road use and has a flip down cover for added protection. Ill try to post a pic if possible. Best part....$7.99! Gonna put it in my sons 97 TJ hopefully this weekend for him. Kids have to have their gadgets ya know. Just thought id share. Part #AM35

Back