Wet Okole seat covers

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased a full set of Wet Okole seat covers for my 2005 wrangler (front and back seats). Overall, I'm very impressed with them, they are definately well made, and specific to Jeep seats. They have cutouts for each lever, and work great.

The tops attach by sliding over the back of the seat, and velcro at the bottom. The bottoms are attached by straps, with well made plastic clips to hold them in place.

These seat covers fit and look great, however they are pretty expensive at $375 for the set.

Attachments

• seatcovers 001small.jpg
    seatcovers 001small.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 1,777
  • seatcovers 002small.jpg
    seatcovers 002small.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 9,111
Last edited:

Photos

Before and after photos

Attachments

• seatcovers 001small.jpg
    seatcovers 001small.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • seatcovers 002small.jpg
    seatcovers 002small.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,636

They look great Terry.
I had a set for over five years, but in the last few months, of sliding in and out of a lifted jeep the wet suit seat part starts to show signs of fraying...then they rip. Five years ain't bad though...I went to thick oil cloth type that are local, custom made as well. Not as good as Okoles fit but he but an elastic web pouches on the back of the seats for me.

Yep, got a pair myself about a year ago and they are still running fine. They are a little pricey but I think worth it. I may have paid a tad more than than you for the rear and fronts though.

DSC00934-1.jpg

Hey Terry! How long did it task to get em after you made the order? How hard wer they to installed? I have been waiting almost a month and still do not have them in my Bronco! I got mine in the Realtree Camo. tug

KrazyJeeper - Looks like you ordered the piping on the side. I just got the normal jeep seat covers, no logo, with the optional back pocket (I like the pockets).

Tug - Ordered on sept 2nd, shipped on the 24th, and got them on oct 1st, so about a month. They were real easy to install, but be careful - under my seats were pretty greasy, I got a small stain on the covers that came right out.

Here are the wetokole install instructions for a jeep wrangler

Attachments

• Image001small.jpg
    Image001small.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Image002small.jpg
    Image002small.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • Image003small.jpg
    Image003small.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 715
I bought the grey and black combo a few years ago... the grey faded to almost white by the end of the summer. I called them up and they said that I should have bought the "fade resistant" stuff to put on them when they were new... dunno why they don't tell you that when you order them. A

Anyway, now on the drivers seat, the grey/white color is rubbing away and black is coming through... so I almost have a full black seat!

When I bought mine, I expressed concern about certain areas fraying or getting worn out faster from rubbing getting in and out, etc. and they said no problem - you don't have to replace the whole thing, just the panel - for much much cheaper. I love my Wet Okole covers - I've been wanting them for years and years and finally my girlfriend bought them for me for my birthday last year.

Last edited:

I had Wet Okole covers in my Xterra and LOVED them even in the AZ summer sun

Hmmmm I wonder if these Wet Okele covers would fit Corbeau A4 seats. I called customer support last year and they didn't know.

Just to circuit back on this review, it looks like the lifespan of a set of Wet Okole seat covers is about 5 years. Almost to the day they became pretty brittle, to the point where the fabric would rip pretty easily. This appears most at the points where they get the most sunlight.

IMG_3041_wet-okole-seat-covers.JPG

IMG_3043_wet-okole-seat-covers.JPG

I still like this brand of covers, and will probably buy them again.

I love Wet Okole. Mine are still in great condition, but have begun to fade, even with the use of the protective spray. I have ripped the driver's seat and sent it back to the manufacturer for a fix at a nominal fee. I love the seat covers and I am impressed with every interaction that I've had with the company.

I like them too. Honestly, 5 years is probably more than I'd expect from a seat cover. How old are yours?

Are Wet Okele still the way to go or has anyone found a cheaper but just as good option?

I have Carhartt front seat covers, got them through Covercraft. They cost about $170 but well worth it in my opinion. Made to fit your jeep. I have a 94 yj you can wash them and they go on and off in no time.

I've since bought new wet okole seat covers, but I got them new on ebay for much cheaper than my original ones (I just got lucky).

I looked around, and all the quality seat covers seemed to cost quite a bit.

Thanks guys, I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'll check out the Carhartt ones.

Back