03 liberty AC Issues!

jlpongrass

:???: Have an 03 Jeep liberty, air conditioning works great in the mornings and for about 15 minutes after work, then compressor cuts off , seemingly when the car warms up in the afternoon heat, if shut off for awhile, it will come back on and work for a few minutes then cut off again, then work great the next morning, until the weather heats up, Ive checked the freon, and both high and low readings are dead on when its working, ive seen two sensors on the AC, Ive replaced the sensor on the dryer, and was told at the parts store that this is the high pressure/clutch cycling switch, which sounded like my problem, I dont know what the other sensor does, but it was $80.00 and they would have to order it, if thats it I will replace but i'm not sure, so hate to throw away 80 bucks on guessing, The jeep is a V6 standard. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, as im sure you have guessed, the cycling switch didnt fix the problem, Thanks!

When the issue occurs, unplug the high pressure switch and install a jumper between the 2 terminals on the connector momentarilly and see if the clutch kicks on and shuts off after you remove it. If it does kick on , i would say that it's the switch however, there's still a chance that the evaporator is freezing up or there's a restriction on the orifice valve that plugs up the circulation after running it a few minutes.

Back