\'03 Wrangler Rubicon

sillsmack

This summer, Jeep will offer the '03 Wrangler Rubicon for sale.

Has any anyone seen any magazine articles trail testing the new Rubicon yet ?

Seems the 4X magazine community would be all over a new Wrangler model,
but all is eerily silent at the newstands...

Was I not paying attention to the newstands ?

Or, is Jeep not letting the media have one to play with yet ?

You can read the Jeep Corp press release about the Rubicon at :

www.moabinfo.com

Yeah, I read what the company says about it. Now I wanna read an unpartial trail
torture test and see if it lives up to its name.

[addsig]

There is an article in Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off Road alos. Dual lockers, Dana 44's, 31" mud tires, no slip yoke. Looks like its ready for a 6" lift, some fender cutting, and 38s.
[addsig]

Chrysler tries to keep the new models out of the public eye untill production is all set to go. They release detailed information when the vehicle is just starting to roll into Jeep dealerships. If anybody wants more info on this vehicle just let me know. I have everything released by DaimlerChrysler up to now.
[addsig]

I read the article in JP magazine... wasn't that impressed. It reminds me of the Jeep Wrangler X. Have you seen this one? It's a new package (like the Sport, or Sahara) for the new Wrangler. It's a mix between the base and Sport package. It's stupid. If you're going to get a Jeep, get one worth having. Especially if buying a brand new one for $20k.

The article said that the rubicon was trail worthy, but on what kind of trails? They didn't lift it any, or put serious skid plates on it.... and it still has a hand brake? a hand brake... that's what honda's have. Save your money and buy a fixed up YJ that already has the lift and at least a 6.

On the other hand, one would say that half the fun in owning a Jeep is putting on aftermarket goodies like skidplates, lifts, shocks, over-the-roof racks, etc. I would agree to that. [addsig]

Not impressed???dual dana 44's w/air-operated selectable locker and disc brakes.A 1/2 ton Pick-up transfer case w/4:1 low range.190hp 4.0. 5 speed.(or auto)31x16's.And a factory warranty
image-missing.png
[addsig]

hey hi c,

if you think the Wrangler X is stupid, then you obviously don't know much about it. Why would you spend the extra money to get a sport that comes with most options initially when you can upgrad an X up to have the same options, same jeep, and pay a couple thousand less.........but I guess that saving a couple grand is "stupid" to you. [addsig]

yeah, i think it is stupid. first off, you obviously bought one. Ha! If you really were into saving money, buy a used Jeep. Then spend the extra $ you saved on real upgrades. I mean, if you're talking 18 or 20k for the X jeep, why not spend 23k for the all out Sahara package? I mean what's 3k over 5 years anyway? an extra $10 a month? come on. Spend $10k on a sweet 95 YJ, and then take the left over $5k and buy all the goodies your heart desires. Then I'll initiate a wave to you, and you'll be riding higher than me.

It's the same principle with sports cars. Do you buy a base model for 60k when you could have the supercharger, 18 inch alloys, and targa top for 5 or 10k more? That's silly. Pay the extra, you'll be happier in the end. Always.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

you still do not understand. if you want a new jeep, you can get both models(X & Sport) with the same options and pay a few grand less for the X. so why would you just buy the Sport? its not just about saving money, its about wasting it. so then you can take that extra couple of grand and put it to modifications. Sorry that you think an X is stupid because essentially now I have the same jeep as sport which apparently you DON'T think is stupid, but that little sticker bothers you sooooo much. I can pull the little sticker off and you would have no F-ing clue......[addsig]

Ok, before I open my mouth one more time, I went to this website and found that the X is NOT the same as the Sport package. There is a deficiency in price.... but accordingly so since it does not have the extras that the Sport has. You obviously got snaked. Here, go look for yourself.

http://www.carbuytip.com/reviews/2002_jeep_wrangler.html

and read down about mid-way where it has the 'Model Lineup' and compares the models: SE, X, Sport, Sahara. I like that the X has the 6cyl., same as the Sport and Sahara, but the point is that it's not the same. Sorry, dude.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Before I open my mouth again......learn to read all the words in a post!!! I guess that you did not notice that you can UPGRADE most options to what the Sport comes with stock and still pay LESS than the sport.......thats my whole point.........dude. I was saying it all along. I just did this a few months ago and I know other people that have done the same. You can get almost every option to make the X identical to the sport. So you take a look again........dude. [addsig]

Ok how about both of you chill out on the whole X vs. Sport/Sahara, whatever...you both have good points, both are valid. Buying the sport would have been my choice simply because you can get the dana 44....meaning that I drive balls to the walls...warranty my friend
image-missing.png
if you really are wheelin' hard then it is better to go w/ the more expensive because more is convered in the warrenty. If you don't care then buying the X and adding mods is fine....you just have to be more careful. buy guys....dont hate!!! it's a jeep thing and we need to keep the peace![addsig]

Back