1951 willys pickup

mufflerman

i have 51 willys pick up with a bad frame and no motor. i allso have a79 blazer with good running gear and rusted out body, how hard will it be to mate the too togather does any body know

The wheelbase will have to be the first thing to consider. Do they match? IS it close enough to hide any difference with fender trimming? Or do you have to modify the frame or axle location on the frame?

Physically joining the two together should be the easy part. Consider just torching the old body mounts from the frame and making new ones to match the Willys body, instead of modifying and reengineering the body. Might be easier, just depends. The headache is going to come from electrical, steering, brakes.... Chevy frames are shaped where it looks funny if there is too much space between the frame and body, so you might run into some headaches with the floorpan trying to get it to sit right.

That's gonna be awesome when it's done. A 51 Willys that you can buy parts for ANYWHERE.

My dad did just what your asking with a 80s blazer and a 51 pickup. It has been in the family for some time now and is affectionatly known as the Jeezer!

If your interested in parting out the jeep, we are looking for a door.

i have 51 willys pick up with a bad frame and no motor. i allso have a79 blazer with good running gear and rusted out body, how hard will it be to mate the too togather does any body know

Back