1984 Jeep CJ7

baccaruda

I'm selling my '84 CJ7 to anyone interested - $500

I started taking the engine apart with a total rebuild in mind about 3 years ago. I had a mechanic helping me at the time. He deemed the frame worthy of re-building, and so we started tearing it down. Well, he has a little girl now, I have a little girl now, and we both have far less money and time than before.

Anyway, the body is junk. The hood may have value, but that's it. The frame will need some shackle help on one side, but the rest is pretty good. It has the hardtop. The engine ran great actually when we started tearing it down (it's the 258 L6) but is in pieces now. Some are missing (carb, intake) because I planned on upgrading.

The good is the transmission, transfer case, rear end, and tires. It has about 90k miles on it. and the transmission and 4WD has always been fine. The tires are 33" RWL BF Goodrich Off-Road tires with easily less than 100 miles on them - the little nubbies are still there. These tires were over $500 alone (they've been on there a while, but I never drove it).

You'd need to trailer this baby away, but I'd much rather it go to a fellow Jeep lover than the junkyard.

How much for the hard top and where are you located?

this is just what i need.... but i dont have 500 cash.. everytime a good deal comes along. i always spent my money right before i find a good deal...... i even have a 258 on a stand right now... any trades??:):):):) pics iswalto@yahoo.com

this is just what i need.... but i dont have 500 cash.. everytime a good deal comes along. i always spent my money right before i find a good deal...... i even have a 258 on a stand right now... any trades??:):):):) pics

Whatchya got?

Wow, i think my airplane just crashed:cry:. Why do these deals happen on the other end of the world and not here.

I never used the hardtop. I had it on a pulley system I built in my garage. It's all intact (with some hooks on the top) but doesn't seal very well. I doubt many of them did.

Back