1995 grand cherokee limited

superspud87

well long story short, i do believe my 1987 jeep wagoneer has seen its final day. we cant figure out why its not turning over so if all goes well i will turn it into my project wheeler.

but anyways, i went to a car dealer today and there was a 1995 jeep grand cherokee limited with the AWD t-case and the dodge 318 motor. it runs great and has A LOT of power and comes with some really nice tires. thats the good. the bad now: 228k miles (prob highway because there is no power loss it seems. it spins all 4 tires on the pavement at 2000 rpm's) the heater doesnt even turn on (im not sure if its a fuse or what) small exhaust leak on the manifold ( my friend wants to run 318 headers and get dual flowmasters which will fix that maybe) and the transmission shifts hard if you floor it (fluid exchange and filter swap should fix?)

they want 2500 for it. now according to you jeepsters who know what your dealing with in regards to this, do u think that this is worth the price and do you think that the problems that it has are easy to fix?

let me know and i would greatly appreciate it

u guys there? i dont have any experience with GC's and ANY input is greatly appreciated

I had a 93, ditched the 249 case in favor of a 242 (marginally better), lifted it 4 inches cut the fenders and slapped on some 33's. These things flex as well as a TJ. Sold mine to a friend who is still beating on it and loves it.

my friend said that they flex really well also, but my biggest concern is the miles on it. thats pretty much the one thing holding me back still

If it was the 4.0 I'd say not to worry but with a V8 it's a whole nother story. That said my tow rig is a 94 Chevy 350 with 240xxx and has 60psi oil pressure and chugs on along with my trailer. All depends on how those miles were put on it.

I'd take that 5.2 over the 4.7 engine all day long for their durability and performance. As mentioned, the mileage is not a big concern granted that it was well serviced on those miles. The heater issue could be as simple as a wiring , blower motor or a blower resistor. $2500.00 is a decent price for that although i would still try to talk the seller into a lower price in exchange for the price to fix the small issues.

im sold than.. only problem that im facing now is getting a loan from a bank or a very wealthy uncle. off i go!

thanks everyone

good news with the ZJ, my very wealthy uncle is talkin to his old lady about givin me a loan. he wants to do it so its all down to her. if i do get it, i want to get the 318 under the hood to push 300 horses. im getting a cold air intake for 25.77 more, do you guys have any other ideas?

Headers, cat back and a fat wallet. Hope you plan on an axle upgrade with all those ponies. It prob has a 44A rear which is slightly weaker than the XJ light duty 44 which is weaker than a regular 44. See the pattern here.

Headers, cat back exhaust and upgrade the axles. The tooth pics that came in those won't hold up to that kind of power. If you are lucky it has a Dana 44A, not to be confused with a Dana 44. It has an aluminum center section and limited locker options and is weaker than the regular 44.

headers are a definite. im also getting 2 flowmaster dual exhaust setup for it, and what if i go to rustysoffroad.com and get some of there detroit lockers, is that what you mean by upgrading the axles?

Back