1st Jeep in Illinois

cheesy

Hey All, Mike from East Dundee, Il. Just got my 1st Jeep last Tuesday and I'm hooked. 2005 Wrangler Unlimited 4.0L 6 spd.
Wrangler-1.jpg

I'd been looking at a 1991 Corvette and I decided right quick that I am not a 'vette guy. I'm as flexible as two year old cement.

Anyway, I saw this Wrangler parked next to the 'vette and asked the dealer for the keys. I parked my butt in the seat, rested my elbow on the armrest and my hand dropped right on the gearshift. That sold me right there.

Last Friday, my youngest and I took a marathon drive to Eau Claire, WI and back to E. Dundee in the Wrangler to attend the funeral of an elderly relative whose company we both enjoyed. We hit some nasty weather both ways and my daughter was impressed that the hard top didn't leak like the hard top on her hubbys' JK. We averaged just under 18mpg for the trip and we were hanging around seventy most of the time.

Although, this is my first Jeep, it's not my first experience with them. My Dad had a 1944 Willys that I did a lot of work on and drove off road quite a bit. My folks also had a number of Cherokees. And today, a friend recommended me to a local group of WWII reenactors to rebuild the carb in their 1943 Ford GP. The carb will be back on the vehicle on Wednesday.

I'll be lurking for a while and spending some time playing with the search function before I start asking a bunch of questions.

Again, Hi.

Cheesy

Welcome! Once you catch the Jeep bug you're hooked for life.

Welcome! Once you catch the Jeep bug you're hooked for life.

Thanks all for the welcome.

What's one more thing to get hooked on? Bicycles, D/S motorcycles, and now Jeeps. I guess my kids won't be seeing their inheritance.:)

Back