2.5" Rough Country & Shackle Lift Question?

pigfarmer

I was wondering if anyone knew if I used a 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift(which says does not require transfer case lowering) and a 2" shackle lift, would I need to lower the transfer case then or anything else? Thanks!

I would say no..i could be wrong.. 2.5" suspension lift will increase the angle on your output shaft and pinion . a 2" shackle lift will decrease the angle on the pinion but not the outputshaft.

I would think so because you would have 4.5 total lift. By 2" shackle lift, you mean 2 inches of actual lift, not two inches longer, right? Remember that when you have much of a shackle lift, it messes up driveline angles.

If I were you, I would buy the 2.5 inch lift, trim my fenders, and get some greasable shackles.

Would lowering the transfer case fix that angle problem or will the angle be ok?

2" of actual lift....collin hen. Thanks!

Hmm... I think this takes more professional advise. I've just read on many sites that much longer shackles typically aren't good for the driveline because it raises only one side of the spring pack. I didn't think about what Steelheadz said, though. :scratch:

I guess if you think about it, the more an axle is pointed at a downward angle, the more the steering would turn downward instead of side to side. I don't think that would be desirable. Again, I'm no professional so this could be heresy.

Back