2000 Jeep GC

texvet

I have a 2000 GC Limited that has an A/C issue. When the A/C is on it blows cold air out of the two vents on the drivers side, and hot air out of the 2 vents on the passenger side. Its got the climate control system that allows you to set the temperature for the driver and passenger

Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix?

The most common thing i've seen on this issue is the blend door on the passenger side has failed on the pivot hinge. Being an auto temp controled HVAC , a proper diagnostic should be performed so you don't spend more than you have to. In some cases, the HVAC control head was the cause or a bad actuator. Chrysler has released a revised midcase assembly to repair the ones that has a door failure.

usually things aren't this simple but when i bought my 04 I had the same problem with cool air coming out the drivers and warm air coming out the passengers. I have the traditional three knob system though. Anyway believe it or not it was just low on freon. It got charged up and is still running fine.

The most common thing i've seen on this issue is the blend door on the passenger side has failed on the pivot hinge. Being an auto temp controled HVAC , a proper diagnostic should be performed so you don't spend more than you have to. In some cases, the HVAC control head was the cause or a bad actuator. Chrysler has released a revised midcase assembly to repair the ones that has a door failure.

i would agree with the above, blend doors and then check a/c charge..

Back