2006 Jeep Seat Repair

marvinb

I'm new to doing any type of repair to my jeep, but the passenger side front seat will not lean forward and roll to allow access to the back seat. I know the cable is broke, but does anyone have any diagrams or suggestions on 1) How to remove the seat and 2)How to repair/replace the cable that makes the whole thing work? Thanks! I love my jeep, but it makes getting my lab in the back very difficult!!

1.Remove the seat. 2.Disconnect the j-straps at the bottom of the seat back.3.Remove the bottom hog rings.4.Remove the upper hog rings.5.Remove the support rods from the seat back.
6.Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove and discard the seat release handle knob. Fig. 1 7.Remove the screw and remove the release handle bezel.8.Remove the seat cover and cushion.
331656-1.jpg
Fig. 1 - FORWARD FOLDING SEAT RELEASE HANDLE

1 - SEAT BACK 2 - BEZEL SCREW 3 - RELEASE HANDLE BEZEL 4 - RELEASE HANDLE KNOB

2.Disconnect the release cable folding end. Fig. 1 3.Remove the inboard recliner.
4.Disconnect the release cable assembly at the inboard recliner, from the support bracket. Fig. 2
5.Disconnect the cable assembly at the slider and remove. Fig. 3
331679-1.jpg
Fig. 1 - RELEASE CABLE/FOLDING END

1 - CABLE END CLIP 2 - CABLE HOUSING 3 - CABLE ASSEMBLY

331681-1.jpg
Fig. 2 - RELEASE CABLE/RECLINER END

1 - CABLE ASSEMBLY 2 - CABLE HOUSING 3 - SEAT CUSHION FRAME 4 - CABLE SUPPORT BRACKET
331683-1.jpg
Fig. 3 - RELEASE CABLE/SLIDER END

1 - CABLE HOUSING 2 - CABLE END 3 - SLIDER 4 - SEAT CUSHION FRAME

I have a 2006 wrangler. The recliner for the passenger side only engages on the right (outboard) side. I'm new to working on seats . Any thoughts on diagnosis and repair?

Back