2006 Jeep Wrangler X Transmission Problem

hoytman62

I have an automatic transmission and when it is cold or sets for a bit, I start it up and when I take off and it shifts for the first time, it kicks real hard and sometimes does it two or three times when I stop and pull out again. Had it rebuilt and it quit for a bit but then started again..... ANY IDEAS????? Thanks.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X.

Check the T.V. cable for proper adjustment. Also, if none of the solenoids were replaced, they could be at fault and causing the erratic shifting. Take it back to the shop and let them test drive it.

It's also possible that the accumulators are binding or not properly seated in the cylinders. The accumulators are responsible for absorbing the pressure change during a shift to prevent a harsh shift from gear to gear. Another thing is to check to see if there's an update on the TCM software for that condition that helps improve that condition.

Mine does this too when cold only. There are a lot of post on the subject but no real answers yet. Some say a new PCM fixes it? Fwiw.

Flash

Thanks. The dealer seems to think it is the TCM Module. They have ordered a new one and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

Thanks. The dealer seems to think it is the TCM Module. They have ordered a new one and I'll let you know if it works. Thanks.

2006 do not have a tcm. The tcm is now locted in the pcm.tjs before 06 had tcm next to fender. And pcm only had three plugs going into it. If you look at your pcm now it has four.which includes the tcm built into the pcm. Had mine replaced same year same issues.

Got my Jeep back and you were right. New PCM and now runs great!!

Hi-- just curious if you ever fixed the 2006 Jeep Wrangler shifting issues? I am having the same problem!

It's weird tho, because when we unplug the battery the Jeep works fine for a couple days. We believe this is resetting the PCM and it because it works fine we wonder if it is the PCM??? Have you ever tried that?

Rubi06, have you tried going to a jeep dealer to get the software level checked? , in most cases, an update on the PCM/TCM is all that is needed to address shift concerns..

Back