2007 Wrangler Preview

Rticul8

At 12:01 a.m. Monday, January 9 (late Sunday night), the moment the media embargo is lifted, J Rations will publish an in-depth first look at the 2007 Wrangler. We'll have all the photos, specifications and more on this newest incarnation of the Jeep Wrangler. So, please mark your calendars to join us in J Web on January 9:

http://jweb.jrations.com/landing_web.php

Hope to see you there!

Lisa

xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj xj

Thanx for the heads-up, Lisa!!!!!

..................you wouldn't just be trying to sell some more magazines, would you??? :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

..................you wouldn't just be trying to sell some more magazines, would you???

Who...me? :redface: Well, we're in the business of Jeep news, information and entertainment—free or not! :p

I hope they didn't screw it up

I gotta tell ya...what I'm seeing looks pretty darn good from here. Wish I could buy one! Of course, we'll know more about its worthiness when the press drives happen later this year.

Rticul8 said:
I gotta tell ya...what I'm seeing looks pretty darn good from here. Wish I could buy one! Of course, we'll know more about its worthiness when the press drives happen later this year.

Ya know, Lisa, I could try to negotiate with DC to get you a new Wrangler to test for the magazine.....I'm pretty good at negotiating for freebies!:purple:

Ya know, Lisa, I could try to negotiate with DC to get you a new Wrangler to test for the magazine.....I'm pretty good at negotiating for freebies!

I don't know, Sparky. That's a pretty tall order, dealing with DC. They're very accommodating to the media, but I don't know how they are with the general public. We'll have press vehicles throughout the year as they become available. Just don't have a firm schedule yet.

I NEED A NEW REAR DRIVE SHAFT!

Maybe check out Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts.

http://www.4xshaft.com/

I'll let you in on a plan of ours here at J Rations. We're working with a large (read: huge) manufacturer to give away Jeep parts to our readers. You know how most (all) magazines keep the parts from their advertisers for their editors, staff, contributors, etc.? Well, we want to bring the readership in on that perk. We can't promise anything yet, but it's on the table for detailed discussion. One idea floating around, and this idea is from the manufacturer(!), is to give one or two readers free Jeep parts for life. Yes, you read that right...for life.

We really do want to do things differently at J Rations, and that's one of the ways we want to serve our fellow enthusiasts. For real.

Well if you need a test driver...well look no farther, I am your man.
I have more than 20 years of off-roading, driving things from a scout II, Pathfinder, RPM special Chevy S-10 to my present Jeep.
I was a staff photographer for National Dragster. Freelanced for Super Street and IHBA magazines (International Hot Boat Assoc).
So what more do you need here a qualified driver with hundred of hours taking his jeep through the toughest trails of Moab, the Rubicon and the greater southwestern deserts. With a witty writing style to match.
And might we add... good looks to boot!

So what do you say Lisa...when do I get to drive the 2007 Wrangler?

Good pitch, Utah Jeepster, but I'm afraid you'll have to get in line behind all of us at J Rations. :) I personally can't wait to get behind the wheel of this new model. It looks to me like the perfect combo of rugged capability, creature comforts and style—all without taking the "yuppie" slams that the ZJs do.

So, are you still freelancing these days?

Rticul8 said:

It has been 5 years...since moving to Utah that I have chased top fuelers down the 1/4 mile or sat next to the traps waiting for that money shot.
I was shooting a Nikon FM2 then but have set her aside and working on perfecting Nikon's DX2, they say digital is the wave of the future. But I still prefer 35mm film.
I am slowly changing out all of my old nicors 'D' lenses to Nicors 'AF' reflex lenses to use the Auto focus features the DX2 offers.
I still do weddings once in a while to support my Len's buying habits.
I rarely take either of my Nikon's off-roading due to damaging a 75-200mm lens, but have taken to shooting a Kodak LS753 5.0 Mega pixel camera with a docking station left at the hotel room. The smaller camera is easier to manage on the trail and 36-100 zoom lens seems to work out the best on trail conditions.

Well since my begging for a job to get to drive the new 2007 didn't work how about doing a ride along program? I am a great co-pilot/ spotter.

Last edited:

Rticul8 said:

Stupid computer! double posted!
Quickly looks for some one to blame...Oh Terry!

We've switched over completely to digital photography. Like you, there was great hesitation on our part to do it, but now we're very glad we did. No more film and processing costs, and instant gratification, too! We've got software here that can take high-res digital pix and enable them to be blown up to something like 10x18 at 300 dpi and not have any pixelation. It's pretty awesome when you see it firsthand.

Here's the problem with the test drive... You're in Utah, and our offices are in Florida and West Virginia. There's already gonna be a battle over who gets the ’07 Wrangler press vehicle. I'm saying, Ocala National Forest, here I come! But I'm going to have to go to the mat with our editor to win that contest (he's in WV). I'd love to have you ride along, or even head it up (after my turn, of course), but can't imagine how we'd work it out.

Rticul8 said:
Here's the problem with the test drive... You're in Utah, and our offices are in Florida and West Virginia. but can't imagine how we'd work it out.

We can work on this...
Picture this...first your editor gets it for a test drive...an hour or two is ok with us.
Then a long distance trip to test it's fuel mileage and comfort rating. Say Florida to Utah? Just think the training's table curly cheese fries with fry sauce. A Utah original!
Then the real test...A 8 hour trip on Poison Spider, golden spike, and the goldbar rim trails. Then a night sitting in front of the Moab Brewery getting our fellow jeepers comments as we suck down a few dollar pints and write their comments on napkins.
Then the next morning a small drive up the Moab Rim trail to get a few photographs of it above Moab and the Colorado river with Kane Creek Canyon as the back drop. The morning sun hitting those 200 foot shear canyon walls and the 2007 sitting in the forground... (can you picture it?!?!) ( I can )

Then the hard core trail of Pritchet canyon to see if really can earn that trail badge.
Then a relaxing evening at Johnny's so the other jeeping crowd can see it and comment on it. ( I will remember to bring my note pad this night )
What do you say...;)

LOL... Gotta hand it to you, that's creative. My editor's as stubborn as a West Virginia mule with both front legs stuck shoulder-deep in the red clay—I don't think he'd go for the two-hour deal.

Tell ya what...I'll throw the idea at him and let you know what he says, OK?

Utah_jeepster said:
We can work on this...
Picture this............
Then a long distance trip to test it's fuel mileage and comfort rating. Say Florida to Utah? ............................

North Carolina and the Smokeys are a lot closer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mud4feet said:
North Carolina and the Smokeys are a lot closer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quiet from the peanut gallery thank you...I am working this Mudd.
If I strike out you can get your shot.

Lisa let him know I would be willing to negotiate up to a day or two on his test drive :D

You guys are awesome. Jeepers like you are a big part of why I love this sport.

Now, about the test drive... I'm starting to get concerned that the Florida Jeeper's Association might catch wind of this. If they do, I'm in seriously deep dirt 'cause they helped us as a focus group on our Web site back in August. :shock:

Utah Jeepster, I've forwarded your generous offer to my editor.

Back