30" bfg

antsinmypants

I've been offered 5 30" bfg muds
havnt checked em out yet but its from a local guy. heres the info he's given me... 2tires have about 11/32 of tread on em and the other 2 have 16/32 of tread on em (i dont know what that means :oops:) and it has a "decent" spare. $400 cnd and he'll install them for me (he works at tireland, and he removed the locking bolts on my jeep for free when other people were asking me like 40-50$ to take em off)

how decent does that sound?

RE: Custom Built YJ

so that works out to what.... $25 american??? Just Kidding!!!! good deals depend on where you are, what you want and what you can afford... if youre gonna spend that on these shoes and want bigger soon you may just want to wait... the rubber seems to have some decent tread but seems a bit pricey to me (but then again, im in the desert w/lots to shop from...) good deals are usually like good looks - all in the eye of the beholder... probably didnt help much but hey... maybe it did...

At first thought I would say $400 seems a bit steep considering the tire size and tread remaining, but then again i'm not familiar with the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars. Just for comparison, i bought my 32" bfg muds with 20/32" of tread for about $40 US per tire, then paid about $20 US a tire to get them mounted and balanced. 11/32 of tread means that the tread is 11/32 of an inch deep...new bfg muds have around 22 or 24/32 of an inch of tread, so 11/32 is around half tread, maybe a little less. Also you might end up replacing them before you normally would if the jeep sees alot of offroading, as a mud tire that is wearing thin may be fine onroad but not do very well offroad where it needs to dig in. Also there is a 5/32 of an inch difference between the tires, which will cause slightly accellerated wear on the drivetrain (but only when it is in 4wheel drive), and since I'm guessing that it will be in 4wd only offroad, the wear won't be very bad...the tires i'm running have about a 3 or 4/32 of an inch difference, and are doing fine. And like LV said, you might want to get larger tires in the future. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy the tires, only mentioning everything bad I can think of. I would offer about $250 US, or whatever the equivalent would be in Canadian dollars.
Hope this helps,
Gary

RE: extra extra read all about it

thanx for the help

if i dont have to get new rims for em i'll probly end up picking them up.. i do want bigger tires in the future but just cant afford to get biger tires and biger rims and a small lift.. so all that is just going to have to wait.. in the mean time i think some 30" tires might be a nice change from my stock ones.

going out 4x4in today with them :D hopefully i'll get some pictures of my jeep out there :D

RE: Re: Ive searched for answers to spring over axle and can

Just to let everyone know, $400 is about $318.27 US dollars.

Here where I live, that would be a little spendy. But, maybe tire availability is different there.

RE: stock suspension what tires?

laneiac said:
Yeah, I would try to get him around 250-300 US mounted.

Which would be $314.20- $377.04 Canadian Dollars :wink:

RE: stock suspension what tires?

Ooooh, witty banter... I like it... So go for $300-$325 Canada red backs..

Actually, ya know what. With that small amount of tread, I would try to get him even lower. 11/32 is not much tread left. And you can get a brand new set of 30" dunlops for around $350 US. So, go around $200 American

RE: Calico 4/30/05 - 5/1/05

Sounds like she paid about $60 a tire (american - $80 Canadian) for BFG muds with decent tread, mounted (and hopefully balanced). I think she did well with her money.

Enjoy 'em and enjoy your new found traction!

Back