5" lift questions

IcyFridge

I am definitely getting a BDS 3" suspension lift with the new rear leaf pack and everything needed to counter vibes, steering, trackbar etc...

However, I was thinking about adding a 2" budget boost to bring it up to 5 inches of lift later with 32's.

My question is, do I need an SYE for this? What about extended brake lines?

I know the BDS comes with a drop mount for the transfer case. Would this eliminate my need for a SYE if I boost it a mere 2"?

My old Jeep with shims and 4.5" lift had very LITTLE vibes.

I have around 4.5" and used the skyjacker transfer case drop. It is 1.5" as opposed to the 1" that comes in some of the kits. I have zero vibes on my 2000. As a matter of fact I had some vibration when it was stock which is now gone.

I would recommend a budget boost that uses a shackle to lift the rear. This will angle the rear pinion upward and help with the driveline angle as well as the TC drop (you won't have to use shims).

The Skyjacker TC Drop also is designed so you don't have to remove the studs from the stock setup, which can be a PITA from what I've heard.

I know alot of folks think the 1.5" is too much for a TC drop, and that I should do the SYE instead, but I have gained alot of gound clearance and have no vibes. The slip yoke appears to have plenty of "slip" left and since I won't be taking my daily driver rock climbing, it is completely unneccessary.

I'm running stock brakelines, but the rear is in need of extending. For the front, you can relocate the line mount insise the wheel well and get alot more slack from the stock line.

The front lower arms will at least need to be replaced. With 5" of lift the stock arms will be maxed out against the perch. Other than that you should be ok. I did it with my wifes cherokee as a test and had no problems with vibes or bumpsteer.

Hmm. The BDS comes with new control arms and a T'case drop. I am thinking that using shackles should have no problem at all.

Back