8.8 finally starting

josue estrada

So I finally finished school. Now I have time for this 8.8. I'm not to sure where to start. I'm gonna need new break new hoses. Fluid for the pumpkin. Some welding for the shock mounts. I need a breather before I begin. Any suggestions on how to approach this monster. I'm gonna change my motorcycle breaks n come back to this in a few.

Terry you stated before that you added mobil 1 75-140 synthetic gear oil to your build. How much did you add to the rear end and would it be any different for mine? I'm assuming not since I also went with the SOLID rear end cover and have the 8.8 as well

Start by welding the axle tubes into the diff housing so they don't spin. Place under Jeep for mock up and proper caster. Measure and mark for shock mounts and perch locations. Cutt all other traction bars from explorer off. After fab work finish with a coat if fresh paint. Then mount it and extend breather hose hookup brakes and bleed. New rotters and calibers might be in order. test drive and feel for any vibrations

Back