83 CJ7 - Lots of upgrades & pics (MD)

JeffD

This is an '83 CJ7 that I bought about 5 years ago. I've done a ton of upgrades to it, but I just don't have the time to finish up all the odds and ends. I have vacation coming up in August and I was going to button it up and try to get some real money for it. But quite frankly, I'd rather go to the beach with my kids. It's been sitting in the driveway for 3 years, and I need to get rid of it or it will sit there for 3 more. Located in Baltimore, MD.

Here's the details:

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:
-258 4.2L, rebuilt from a '75 CJ5 with 130K original miles on it. 25k since the rebuild. I saw the inside of the motor when I did the camshaft, and it's emmaculate.
-T5 transmission. 5 speed, rebuilt w/25k on it since rebuild.
-Crower performance camshaft/lifters/rods. I think it's the "baja beast", but I don't recall. It's the one the manufacturer recommended for this motor/carb setup. It's pretty beefy.
-Weber K551-38 carb (38/38 DGES).
-HEI distributor setup. Smog has been removed.
-New plugs & wires.
-Pacesetter headers.

SUSPENSION:
-Rancho 2.5" suspension lift w/RS-5000 shocks
-2" lift shackles
-Dual steering stabalizer (used, needs to be installed)
-Chrome 15x8 wheels w/31x10.5 Super Swamper TSL Radials. Less than 1000 miles on the wheels/tires. Tires still have the "new tire nubs" on the treads (see pics)

EXTERIOR/INTERIOR:
-Bestop soft top. 5 years old, great condition
-Body has some paint chips and surface rust. Nothing that goes all the way through, the body is very solid. Has sort of a cheap paint job that's starting to peel in a couple small spots.
-Floors are solid, no holes. Paint is peeling a bit too since there are no floor mats or carpet.
-New steering wheel
-Driver's seat is a little torn up.
-Dash has been rewired and all gauges work.
-New speakers (no radio).

WHAT IT NEEDS:
-Carb needs to be set up
-Timing needs setting
-Exhaust (Flowmaster muffler included, new in box)
-Ignition switch
-Hard fuel line (fuel pump to fuel filter)
-Rear driveshaft U joint
-Right front brake caliper (or bleeder screw if you can get the old one out). The bleeder screw is stripped, so you can't bleed the line. Brakes are a little squishy because of it.

The motor will turn over, but it runs rough and loud because of the timing not being set to the carb and the carb not being tuned. The cam is pretty beefy and it's running through headers with no exhaust so it's loud too. You'll need to tow it out of here, unless you're REALLY good and can do some of this in the driveway before you leave (AFTER the sale that is). The Jeep is being sold as is. I've been as straightforward as I can. I'm sure I'll think of more as I check back in, so I'll update as I go.

I'm asking $1800 and I'm not negotiating. The parts alone are worth well over that. For any less, I'll finish it myself and get a whole lot more for it.

Feel free to ask questions, pm or email me @ jeffdausch@verizon.net.

Here are some pics:

Top-3.jpg

FrontPass-3.jpg

FrontDriver-3.jpg

RearDriver-3.jpg

RearPass-3.jpg

EngineFront-3.jpg

EngineDistSide-3.jpg

EngineHeaderSide-3.jpg

InsideDriver-3.jpg

InsidePass-3.jpg

InsideBack-3.jpg