86 cj7 258ci problem

acessna1

Popped my hood when I got home today and found a puddle of coolant on air cleaner cover and a hissing sound coming from what I believe to be the intake manifold gasket. Eng temp gauge never went above 190. Is this an immediate problem? Or can I still drive to work and back til Sunday as long as coolant stays full. I'm slowly finding a problem with having a project car as a daily driver. Also if i have to replace the gasket then i was going to replace the whole manifold if i do that has anyone used one of those 4bbl conversion kits? Are they worth it?
Thanks in advance for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

I wouldn't drive it until you fix the cooland and intake leak. Even if the temp. gauge does not show that the engine is overheating, the temp. sensor cannot measure the actual temperature in steam if the coolant gets low enough. The intake manifold doeas not need to be replaced if the leak is due to a gasket failure, jus replace the gasket.

I presume tightning it didn't work.You'll have to do the exhaust also to do it right.I used allen head bolts when i did mine.It made it alot easier.Lock Tite and anti-seize will be your best friend also for the bolts.

Back