87 cherokee for 800 bucks?

A test drive will tell a lot......any major problems should show up. Take a buddy with you to watch the exhaust and see if it smokes any when you crank it up or throttle it.
. shift the transfer case thru all the ranges and make sure nothing makes any funny noises while driving...
Ck under it for unibody damage from any previous wreck..... ck around the steering box mount area to make sure not cracked.....

if its been wheeled crawl around up under it good and look for any damage.
Reach behind the dust cover and feel the front rotors if they cant be seen to tell if they are grooved.

Ck the fluids........ clean ? Low ? burnt smelling ?

If the test drive does ok and nothing is bashed up id hold out 6 $100 bills and ask will ya take $600 for it :D

So basically, just the more or less normal stuff? I was kinda looking for info too, on what diffy's, trans, or trans case, etc may be the better ones. Not sure what different stuff came in these things! Also, whats the different 4WD systems? IE: quadratrac, etc.

There is a chance that it could some sought after parts you just never know! Dana 44? 4:10 gears or 3:73? Even without that is should have a non C clip rear end, which is certainly better than more recent models. I would consider it even if you had to get two jeeps to make one good one.

Passed on it. Not a straight panel on it. Fair amount of rust. Oil leaks all over. I knew it was a high miler, but 550,000 KM's(337000 miles)? Would'a still considered it, but he wouldn't budge from $800. So........let it go.

A test drive will tell a lot......any major problems should show up. Take a buddy with you to watch the exhaust and see if it smokes any when you crank it up or throttle it.
. shift the transfer case thru all the ranges and make sure nothing makes any funny noises while driving...
Ck under it for unibody damage from any previous wreck..... ck around the steering box mount area to make sure not cracked.....

if its been wheeled crawl around up under it good and look for any damage.
Reach behind the dust cover and feel the front rotors if they cant be seen to tell if they are grooved.

Ck the fluids........ clean ? Low ? burnt smelling ?

If the test drive does ok and nothing is bashed up id hold out 6 $100 bills and ask will ya take $600 for it :D

i agree

Back