88 YJ for sale

LRwrnglr

So I'm finally going to sell my YJ 5 speed, but not for about another month while i try and find another daily driver. But anyways the engine(258) was totally rebuild about two years ago this December. So maybe 20-30K on motor. Along with the motor we replaced the old carter carb. with a new carter. Battery and alternator replaced in December of 06. Starter replaced in August of 06. Radiator was redone when motor was in the shop. EVERYTHING has been replaced on the motor, including all of the electronics. Never had any problems with the transmission or tcase. When we pulled the motor the clutch had been replaced and was in good shape.Other than that the list is:
1" body lift
2" shackle lift
Custom Posi-lok
Auxillary lights on windshield
Roll in bedliner- not in the best shape
NO RUST!!
Two tops- hard and bikini
Seats in good condition
Rear seat and seatbelt
CD Player
I may sell the custom grille guard to a friend so that might not be included
Other than that I can't think of anything else, if anybody has any questions just ask. I'm asking $3500 firm. I'm located in Kansas. Thanks

LR

well heck we could have a good Kansas 4x4 weekend this summer, though I will have to drive the furthest since I no longer live in Kansas, but in sw Iowa so not to far away.

As of right now im lookin for an XJ or ZJ to replace it with, so yeah im hopin to replace a jeep with a jeep.

LR

As of right now im lookin for an XJ or ZJ to replace it with, so yeah im hopin to replace a jeep with a jeep.

LR

Sweet! Even though an XJ or ZJ is really no replacement for a YJ, that's ok.

:lol: j/k bud!! :lol:

Lemme know when you get it, mebbe we can get together and throw some mud out at Cheney. Heck, depending on my work schedule, I might even be able to help you go look or bring it home or whatever. 8)

Theres a pic on my profile.

Dang, that looks really good for an '88! I doubt you'll have any trouble getting what you want for it. That grill guard looks familiar, I think I've seen you on the road somewhere a time or two. If your friend doesn't buy it, would you consider selling it separate anyway? I might be interested.;)

Yeah i would be willing to sell it seperate if he doesnt buy it. i've got a rear bumper thats kinda like that too.

Haha, Sparky, I was just thinkin about what i said in my last post, about the rear bumper thats kinda like my front, and it didnt make much sense to me. But anyways i made a stubby bumper and welded the grille guard to it. Then i made a full bumper that has the same build as the stubby, thats what i meant. sorry.

LR

Belated pics of the YJ:
IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Well I finally sold my YJ yesteday for $3500. While it's a sad moment I'm gettin another Jeep, but it's a KJ. They're decent on gas and I can turn it into a mild trail rig. But anyways I'm jeepless for a coupld days so it's sad.

LR

sorry to hear that LR...attention everyone we need a moment of silence...for LR's loss.

ok now we can beat him, "A KJ"!?!?!!?!?

Haha, I knew somebody was going to say something of the sort. Yeah I'm gettin a KJ. It's decent on mileage and with a 2.5" lift I can fit 31's so it can be a trail rig. But I work for a car dealer so he's cuttin me a deal. only $500 over what he payed for it at the auction. so I'll be gettin into one with like 50-60K miles for like $10,500 including sales tax and everything. But anyways atleast I'm keepin it in the Jeep family so you can't be too ashamed, haha. Thanks

LR

Sad to hear, LR, but, yes, at least you kept it in the "family"!!!! We're trying to "wrangle" mudwoman's YJ into a Willys wagon..........even if it's 2wd.:shock: ......................but we're keepin' it in the "family"!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you're happy with the KJ.................like they say, "different strokes for different folks"!!!!!

Well, LR, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the YJ, but as has been said, at least you're still in the family with the KJ. Sounds like a heckuva good deal, too! Who do you work for? I bought my Camry from Luxury and Imports in South Hutch a few years ago, but last time I drove through there, the business was empty...don't know if they folded or moved. They always had nice cars at a low price and were willing to make good deals. I've known Ryan Caffery for years, pretty much since I was a kid, and I know he's always got good deals, too. He's a nice, honest guy, and a heckuva good gospel singer, to boot!!

Yeah thats who I work for, Luxury and Imports. Its open again but my boss took a partnership with the big lot in Leavenworth. Still got some nice cars if you're lookin;). But hopefully I can get my KJ by Monday and then I'll post some pics.

LR

Back